Sick of 'IT' Bags? Favorite Non-Designer (Gucci, LV, etc) Bags?

msminicooper

Reaction score
Are there any other cool girls out there who are sick of the Paddingtons, Spys, Roxys, Lariats and all the other so called status bags?
I am not knocking anyone who has any of those bags but I would love to see a thread that supports lesser known handbag designers...so ladies...if you love bags but like me don't want to spend all that money to find that you are sick of the bag due to overexposure within five minutes...please tell us...which not so ubiquitous handbag label/designer you buy or want to buy bags from...

My favourite at the moment is Pauric Sweeney, I purchased one of his bags recently. I remember seeing a gorgeous range of accessories in Browns Focus years ago and then the label disappeared but now they are stocked in Liberty so this is definitely a label to watch out for.

Great thread!

Right now, I am totally coveting this bag from Ani: (picture is from girlshop)

I also just recieved the Havana large hobo bag from haydenharnett.com - the leather is amazing and the bag has lots of great organizational compartments. The only problem is I don't like the color (I got the green one and it is too moss-y for me). But, other than that, its a fabulous bag for the money.

Attachments

• ao_willa_bag.jpg
    ao_willa_bag.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 2
im still trying to acquire my first Loyd-Maish man tote :blush: they're just too elusive for non-US people.

msminicooper said:
Are there any other cool girls out there who are sick of the Paddingtons, Spys, Roxys, Lariats and all the other so called status bags?

most definately. in particular, i am nauseated by the amount of balenciagas i see :wacko: :sick:
i would say that this is the most overexposed, copied, cloned, prolific 'IT' bag at the moment. and it comes in so many colours too.

circoit said:
Great thread!

I also just recieved the Havana large hobo bag from haydenharnett.com - the leather is amazing and the bag has lots of great organizational compartments. The only problem is I don't like the color (I got the green one and it is too moss-y for me). But, other than that, its a fabulous bag for the money.

OOOH thanks for the link I like these haydenharnett bags. Theres one I particularly like the look of - maybe its the large hobo? it is purple and has a chain handle and tassle at the side...
do you know where you can buy these from?

copper said:
most definately. in particular, i am nauseated by the amount of balenciagas i see :wacko: :sick:
i would say that this is the most overexposed, copied, cloned, prolific 'IT' bag at the moment. and it comes in so many colours too.

yeah exactly...thats why i prefer a bag that makes people stop and ASK who designed it rather than look at me and say "theres another girl with the balenciaga bag!"

thanks for the hayden harnett rec. The large hobo is perfect! I may just have to order it after I get paid this month! And i've been searching for a great basic hobo FOREVER :heart:

Jas MB has been pretty big in Japan for a while and has only started to get attention in Europe and the States. I love the way he uses different effects on leather, distressed, patented, cracked. Just lovely to carry around.
jas-bags2_big.jpg

Quite cool susie, I esp like the middle bag and the one on the right. Where can one find them in the UK?

Jas MB has a store in Soho called Doors on Ganton Street I think. It's so fantastic...I just love touching everything there. Prices are reasonable too........£75-£200.

ooh thanks for the tip susie :flower:

susie_bubble said:
Jas MB has been pretty big in Japan for a while and has only started to get attention in Europe and the States. I love the way he uses different effects on leather, distressed, patented, cracked. Just lovely to carry around.
ooh do tell where one can find these in the states!!!! appreciate :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
JAS MB was my first ever designer bag! I bought from their first collection in 2001 with my student loan! It was a leather tote with cracked paint effect.
Love them love them!

msminicooper said:
OOOH thanks for the link I like these haydenharnett bags. Theres one I particularly like the look of - maybe its the large hobo? it is purple and has a chain handle and tassle at the side...
do you know where you can buy these from?

You can get them from either mightyflirt.com (which is where i ordered mine from) - or from lunaboston.com.

Both sites have coupon codes right now. Lunaboston has a 15% off code (grechen) and mightyflirt has a 10% off (toutie). Also - Lunaboston has tons of other cute bags, too. I'm loving the ones by Marnie Bugs and Dutchy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->