Sick of 'IT' Bags? Favorite Non-Designer (Gucci, LV, etc) Bags?

Hi libby bee, do you sell leather bags only? How about fabric bags? What other lines are you looking at?

Attachments

• Jerome Dreyfuss Expresso hejfina Chicago.gif
    Jerome Dreyfuss Expresso hejfina Chicago.gif
    32 KB · Views: 3
  • Jerome Dreyfuss mini duffel hejfina.gif
    Jerome Dreyfuss mini duffel hejfina.gif
    31.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Jerome Dreyfuss rakuten.jpg
    Jerome Dreyfuss rakuten.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Melanie Dizon Minetta Karizma.jpg
    Melanie Dizon Minetta Karizma.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 394
  • Melanie Dizon Madinah karizma boutique.jpg
    Melanie Dizon Madinah karizma boutique.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 391
  • Jerome Dreyfuss BADA.jpg
    Jerome Dreyfuss BADA.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
^^^

Whoa, those Jerome Dreyfuss bags are really cute! I've never heard of this designer before, is he carried in the U.S.?

spiralsnowman said:
^^^

Whoa, those Jerome Dreyfuss bags are really cute! I've never heard of this designer before, is he carried in the U.S.?

I agree! They are lovely! :wub:

bumping this thread.

lately, my favorite sorta indie designer bags have been by anna corinna and gustto

fellow tFS-er helena turned me on to sissi rossi...
they make some nice washed leather bags....

I love this bag by stylesse

bl-large.jpg

Is Anyone Else Over "It' Bags?

I have to ask - is anyone else completely over this whole "It" bag thing?

I used to subscribe to the latest bags, almost to the point of obession. I own a Chloe Paddington and a Dior Saddlebag. But it now seems that every man, woman, dog and cat has an "It" bag.

The breaking point came the other day when I saw a picture of a "paddington inspired" bag for $18 in Walmart.

I'm sick of this. I feel like rebelling. I am officially *over* It bags. I've just bought a beautiful (and classic) cream leather bag from Jigsaw for AUD$400 and I'm completely in love with it. But the bit I love the most is that it doesn't have a designer label on it and I can still be using it in two years time without feeling like a 'has been'

What do people think? Are we long overdue a backlash? Is the trend of owning an It bag coming to an end?

Discuss. :flower:

"...is anyone else completely over this whole "It" bag thing?"

Me me me me me! :woot:

Yeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

Hmmmm, I think it is difficult to generalize. There are bags which seem to remain it bags for long time, such as the Balenciaga. Maybe because it simply IS great design AND a very practical bag. I don't think I will ever get tired of that.
However a bag like the Paddington you mentioned is getting less popular (at least where I live), maybe because it is not very practical with the heavy padlock.
At the moment I don't feel there is any new bag, everybody around me (incl. myself) is dying to get. There is a slight interest in the Darel Charlotte bag, but, you don't see any of the it girls wearing it here in my area. In my opinion the design isn't significant enough.
Maybe there are simply so many gorgeous bags on the market, that there won't be a specific one dominating? Or because people simply have got enough of hunting and fighting for the same bag?

Yes, I'm really over it. Over priced, over designed, too heavy, too instantly recognisable, I don't like them. I'm liking bags such as Mulberrys mens range of satchels, vintage bags and I think its time to support new designers, rather than pouring yet more cash into the coffers of these (already moneyed) big design houses.

I'm sooo sick of the whole thing really lol Some of the 'it' bags are gorgeous but they're too everywhere. Seeing them on the arms of all the celebs every 5 seconds sorta ruins them for me.

I prefer a bag that is handy, nice looking and suits my style. Not every 'it bag' does that :smile:

Behold my breaking point...(taken from Bag Lady)

Walmart's Chloe Paddington & Fendi Spy Inspired Bags

Whilst we're talking inexpensive handbags, take a look at these two, dear US readers. Now, who can tell me which designers the folk at Walmart have been inspired by? I think the white satchel on the left is a bit too similar to the Chloe Paddington for my liking, but it is only $12, and the people at Fendi would be horrified to learn Walmart are stocking a Spy-inspired bag for just $8. Can anyone else smell a lawsuit waiting to happen?

http://www.thebaglady.tv/designer_vs_hig/

And behold my new non designer handbag from Jigsaw...

Attachments

• sofa.jpg
    sofa.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1
Well, they are awfull, but it doesn't destroy my joy of the real thing that somebody is knocking it off.
Danish company Friis & Co constantly knock of designer bags, and sometimes I catch myself enjoying my own indignation when I see these really poor bags in some highstreet store. They are all made of plastic of course! :D
These photos comparing the real bags with the Friis bags, I have got from a Danish fashion forum (with permision from the girl who posted them).

Lady Muck, I don't care if the designer is famous (and rich) when I buy a bag. Remember it took several years for Ghesquiere to make the motorcycle break through.

Attachments

• Stam original og kopi copy.jpg
    Stam original og kopi copy.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 0
  • Roxanne original og kopi.jpg
    Roxanne original og kopi.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Phoebe original og kopi.jpg
    Phoebe original og kopi.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Cinda original og kopi.jpg
    Cinda original og kopi.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1
  • Venetia original og kopi.jpg
    Venetia original og kopi.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 0
mee too.....I mean..everywhere now I can see fake balenciagas or even real gucci LV etc...but it's getting annnoyng...I prefer to have a bag that really suits my style...and I was a baghaolic!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->