OCM - *oil cleansing method

^^ LOL i dont either :rofl: maybe like once or twice a week.. come on i dont feel like having a pile of faceclothes hanging around until i wash them..

ehh...

no i dont change them either. I kinda rinse them and hang them on every surface i can.

my bathroom looks like if the mexican housemaid quit and left her tortillas drying all up on my grillz :rofl:

my bathroom at my aunt's house is always pristine because they have the clean lady come and she always puts everything away, which makes it impossible to find -_-
i even tell her dont clean it, but she does anyways. damn cleaning lady :D

^^that happens at my house too! The cleaning ladies always misplace everything! I lost a bathing suit last year (AND STILL HAVEN'T FOUND IT!) and my sister lost MAC Shimpagne (sp?) MSF, so she bought another and then FINALLY (TWO months later) she found her original msf.

Thanks, I might try some grapeseed oil. Does lavender help with blemishes? :flower:

Yes, lavender certainly helps with blemishes. It's also de-stressing and helps to regenerate skin cells. :flower:

Also, those that find the OCM drying, it can be drying if you remove with water. What I always do is remove the grapeseed oil with a cotton ball soaked in a moisturizing hydrosol (herb water) with glycerin or some other humectants. My skin feels very plump, soft and moist!

I think the beauty of OCM is that it's an all-in-one method...makeup removal, massage, cleansing, and moisturizing. You shouldnt have to wash it off immediately.

^ Great idea! I'm going to try that because my skin is still pretty dry even after OCM. Thanks!

I FINALLY tried it! YAY! Just last night using Shu Umera and WOW maybe it's just my imagination, but my skin is like GLOWING. Eeek! So excited. I have a few blemishes on the side of my hairline (not from the cleansing), but I'm going to keep using this. Tonight I'm planning to try grapeseed oil.

Thanks for posting this!

i havent in a while... ugh being on holiday so sucks because youre living out of a suitcase.

ywah i havent either, i have been too drunk lately to follow through, i normally just wash it with clearasil.

i can tell the difference, my skin is like craving it, cause is sooo soo dry nowadays.

I've been keeping it up once each day....my skin isn't quite as dry around my problem areas forehead, temples etc. Still I don't think it's quite all it's cracked up to be...

Gahh! Sacrilege!

I've been keeping it up once each day....my skin isn't quite as dry around my problem areas forehead, temples etc. Still I don't think it's quite all it's cracked up to be...

Gahh! Sacrilege!
I'm kind of thinking the same thing a bit :(
I started last week and I noticed my skin is smoother
but the pores are the same and when I wake up, my face is a little oily (although no break-outs)

And when I wash my face in the morning (either with Cetaphil or some other thing), my face goes back to oily by the time night arrives

The coconut oil doesn't really prevent my face from getting oily
but I don't get pimples
but then I never really get pimples anyway

Any thoughts? :ninja:
I was thinking if my skin was so white like marble or snow or something that I would look like I was glistening cuz some people with very white skin look good with oily skin--they just look very clean, but I don't have skin like that

^maybe try some brightnening skincare? it doesnt really show very visible results right away but it will help even out and brighten up your skin, but not completely lighten the shade of skin.

hmm.. definitely i still need to even my skin tone out, thanks. I remember seeing your posts for DiorSnow for skin brightening--i'm gonna try and find that :P i guess i could also try using other oils.. grapeseed, olive.. maybe my face will be less oily that way. i'm just using coconut right now

I really need to try and even out my complexion too. I tend to get a little dry and red/blotchy around my nose and eyebrows...bloody fair skin. Would DiorSnow work in this situation?

just another question...
to anyone who said they use Cetaphil in the morning (after a night of doing OCM), do you ever use water with the Cetaphil... like rinse, apply Cetaphil, rinse or can you really just apply it to your face and wipe the excess? :ninja: Cuz that sounds so weird and as if you're clogging your face with more stuff

dustcakeboy I think your issue is keeping the skin moisturized...
My skin sometimes goes red and dry but it disappears after a little bit

I use Cetaphil in the morning, always with water before and after. I have combination skin - oily here, dry there. Between the morning Cetaphil and evening OCM, my skin is finally relatively even and blemish free. If I do get a pimple, I use Johnson & Johnson Wound Protectant - it's basically synthetic beeswax. Instead of three to five days of pimple life, it is gone in one day (as long as I keep my icky fingers off my face). :rolleyes:

dont keep your olive oil in the sun 'cause itll spoil and if you dont realize that before its on your face like me... well.... ick..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brier Bunny
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->