OCM - *oil cleansing method

^Thanks love :flower: I'm trying to get myself together and go out, but it has been raining for 48 hours and I can't find my umbrella :doh: I need grapeseed oil!

It really depends on the oil you use, you may want to try different ones. Jojoba made me break out badly...as did certain high-quality cosmetic extra virgin olive oils. So far, grapeseed oil has given soft and clear skin like nothing else; they say it's the lightest and recommended for oily/breakout prone skin. And you can also try blending some drops of teatree/lavender in the oil.
Thanks, I might try some grapeseed oil. Does lavender help with blemishes? :flower:

Oh this is all so creative and experimental!

I feel left behind...I'm just using olive oil atm...:(

Dr. Hauschka oil????

Would the Dr. Hauschka Normalizing Day Oil work for this ?

www.essentialdayspa.com

Attachments

• normalizing_day_oil-b.jpg
    normalizing_day_oil-b.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 287
ok, second morning.

I was playing around at home with a big sized white tea bag and I put it in my face after I ocm'd. The white tea which is an antioxidant, completely turned my pimples into red, dried out skin, now my face looks like I have chicken pox :lol:

hopefully that goes away quickly. aside from that ocm worked fine, no excess oiliness in the morning, everything seems great. but taht tea incident just makes me forget about everything else :lol:

ok, second morning.

I was playing around at home with a big sized white tea bag and I put it in my face after I ocm'd. The white tea which is an antioxidant, completely turned my pimples into red, dried out skin, now my face looks like I have chicken pox :lol:

hopefully that goes away quickly. aside from that ocm worked fine, no excess oiliness in the morning, everything seems great. but taht tea incident just makes me forget about everything else :lol:
Oh dear...:(

I use retin-a every night on my T-zone...could I still try oil cleansing in conjunction with this? Or would the oil block the retin-a from getting in

ok, i haven't kept up with the topic but I have kept up with the method, and im very very pleased with the current results.

I am only doing this once a day, at night because I can sleep it off and on the day time I'll just wash with cetaphil, because its very very hot outside.

I hardly wear any makeup while I wake up, my skin feels and looks "healthy" as it is, my pores around my nose have gotten smaller and less noticeable, the same with my tiny breakouts around my forehead cause of my hair.

I've actually used a bit of whatever's left from the oil on my hair, and my hair is very very soft and nice looking as well :lol:

I am extremely pleased with this method, and for me having oily skin, I dont have a problem using olive oil and leaving any oil residue, cause its all beneficial and whatnot.

I've been doing it for about 5 days now...results were good at first but I just got a breakout. Guess it could be hormones or whatevz since I'm not and adult yet.

What oils do you use Alejandro?

oh i've been using olive oil from the kitchen downstairs :lol:

but i want to venture into getting nicer ones :D

I do this once a day. At night. I really like it so far because it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

I read somewhere that it's normal to get little breakouts after using OCM because all of the impurities are being brought to the surface. As long as they aren't painful cystic breakouts. Sometimes I get little white dots or whiteheads, but they are often very small and go away in a couple of days.

I use organic coconut oil on my skin daily, and in my hair once a week. The benefits are greatly enhanced in the sauna! Like Alexandro, I use Cetaphil cleanser to strip the oil off my skin in the morning. It's so simple and thorough. :flower:

i asked my mum to buy me cetaphil once and she thought i meant "seatafull" and she came back all flustered because she couldnt find any :D:D:D

I have stopped using soap and have only used cold cream for the last few weeks and it is AMAZING how much better my face looks :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WesleyWong
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->