OCM - *oil cleansing method

^^^ Awww! Lawl....sorry! Couldn't help myself!

Thx gius, I tend to get quite dry...

I tried this with some extra virgin olive oil yesterday night and although the skin on my forehead felt a little tight, I woke up with really soft skin. I will definitely try this again with a different oil. What do you think would be a good oil/mix for combo skin?

My skin is noticably softer since I started OCM-ing a few weeks ago...

Still, it has been reputed to solve whitehead/blackhead problems but it def. has not succeeded in my case. I don't have blackheads but a have a constant stream of whiteheads....not a lot..just I never have a fully clear complexion. Grrrr.

I hear there's nothing you can do to halt genetics and hormones in their tracks.

that's interesting.. the OCM has actually got rid of those white things for me (not 100% though) :P i think it might be the steaming... i should find a new home, one with a sauna built in :blush:

Yes!

Just a couple of nights ago I actually steamed my face properly, the cloth was flannel and it was as hot as I could get it using the hot tap. When I applied the cloth to my face and then removed it a minute or two later I noticed a problematic whitehead had swollen a tad and that it was more susceptible to bursting...which I guess helps.

Ever so sorry for the awfully graphic post!

^:shock: oh those are not the kinds i have -_- mine is just little things, nothing dangerous--i do notice the steaming only lasts a min or so... it gets cold quite quickly, so no wonder a sauna is better (or putting your head under the towel and over a steaming pot??)

Not gonna lie...i have the world's oiliest skin this time around and i love shu uemura's cleansing oil...its expensive thought!!! accoriding to makeupalley, a cheaper alternative (with better reviews!!) is SURPRISINGLY, a little known product by mac called "Cleanse Off" oil. it's only 13 dollars for me here in my mac store.....DHC also has one that has great reviews :D

Think I may try this! I've just ordered some Cetaphil after hearing good things about it on the model skin & hair thread so I think I'll try olive oil at night and Cetaphil in the morning. I've got some eucalyptus oil I bought to steam my face with (apparantly it's very good at decongesting skin), do you think a drop of this in with the olive oil might be a good idea?

ever since i first read this thread, ive done the ocm... but at first i used perilla and sesame seed oils because i couldnt find extra virgin olive oil at home (i just didnt search it thoroughly in my kitchen!)... the oils i used smell yummy (yes, yummy), but i dont think anyone would use them. a few days ago i found evoo at my kitchen so i started using it alone. ive noticed that evoo makes my skin look greasier but not too oily. i always do the omc at night before going to bed and when i wake up in the morning i cleanse my face w/ cetaphil (one of the best cleansers ever, imho). i dont use any other cleansers anymore but i like foam cleansers because for some reason they make my skin feel entirely clean/cleansed, but ive stopped using any other cleansers...

btw, i never use toner... only moisturizer. i want to try rosewater as a toner, though.

i have the burts bee orange oil facial cleanser. it smells really good but i dont really use it because my face doesnt feel cleansed when i use it.

i

^^ is that stuff in a tube and it comes out all like... waxyish?
i tried that once and it serious left a layer, a coating of wax and grease on my face... it was disgusting.

i love the sound of this :heart:
my skin used to be pretty oily and breakout a lot but it doesnt now but do you think if i tried this my skin would get bad again :unsure:

no i dont think so cause most people would think oh, wash your face with oil and get more oil on your face which equals more pimples, but if you read about the first page of this thread youll see its very good for oily/pimple prone skin.

I've given up on OCM-ing!!!!

Maybe there will come a time when I'll take a fancy to it again. Now, I've started using Bio-Oil! ........................phat-tastic, honestly.

ahh thanks.
ya OCM is loosing charm on me too... it doesnt make my skin so soft anymore... *tear tear*
last night i didnt do it at all and when i woke up my skin was nice and soft... im going to try doing it once a week and see what happens.

I really liked the OCM....
but am a bit too low maintenece to keep it up....

I just bought Dr. Hauschka Normalizing Day Oil.....
it's not a cleanser....
just an oil you put on after washing and toning to help with oily/blemished skin to help balance natural oils.
It's helping with my dryness too.
I really like it so far!

You know, I tried this about a month or two ago, using the olive oil and after a couple of days I broke out horribly. I mean, like I never have before. It was really bad. I don't know if that was normal, or if I already have enough oil in my skin, but god it scared the crap outta me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brier Bunny
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->