Old Trends

lele

Reaction score
do you ever look at pictures from even a short time ago and think, why did i like that, wear that?

remember those beaded bracelets???? people here would get 12 at a time from neimans and wear them all....and those slinky material bracelets

kate spade purses were a must have and i could care less about them now

platform slides

babydoll dresses

colored mascara

wearing army jackets was cool in college (at least where i was- in the midwest) yuck but that camouflage trend was annoying to me

i hated that peasant phase that seems to be holding on

huge flair jeans or the jeans with embroidery

i sorta see silk cargos in that category in a few
do you think juicy will end up there? or will it be one that sticks like vamp nail polish?

remember blue nail polish and wedgie shoes hahaha those bring back memories

BUFFALO platform SNEAKERS which i had to have in each color :sick: :sick:
may the FASHION POLICE please forgive me :ninja:

i loved rossets nad teh fake flower trend from s/s 2001 , i really wish it was still in style :heart:

poppie tanks make the cutest tank with a flower pin and her stuff is ultra trendy right now...i agree I loved that trend maybe we still can.

peasant tops...(shameful)...as well as thick ruffled skirts :blush:

and

dusters...(at least I got a head start on the trend)

Ims o sick of pesant skirts with flip flops to small spaghetie straps and trucker hats :sick: !!!!!! Every other f*cking girl in california is wear that exact outfit

I am so sick of Kate Spade purses :yuk: . I was fortunate to never have owned one but I still see people going crazy for them. I guess they are affordable for some people. I'd rather be caught in a stylish no name than a Kate Spade.

so sick of kate spade... i agree.... the worst thing that can happen to an "it" designer is that they become overexposed and not cool anymore and i think that happened to kate spade. her stuff is tired! four years ago that is all my girlfriends wanted kate spade... no more.

The skirt over trousers that came attatched-i had them in denim and they were terrible!
My style has changed a lot though, a few years ago i wouldn't have been seen dead in what i wear now-i used to be really into the punk rock grunge look but i grew out of it..

i had tevas in junior high in 92. that is something i will never be proud of! :blink: but i thought that they were so cool!

oh, i'm guilty of some as well :blush:

wore ripped jeans & cut-off shorts at 15
was really into Doc Martins when i was 16 or 17, had them in three colors :blink:

it was a long time ago, though. i stopped following trends blindly a while ago, although i'm still tempted sometimes :ninja:

I recently found a new cache of family photos and it startled me to realize how much I remember the clothes I was wearing when I look at them. Mostly I loved what I wore, not that I would wear it now, of course. But it was good to know that I felt good about it at the time.

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Sep 15th, 2003 - 12:05 am
Ims o sick of pesant skirts with flip flops to small spaghetie straps and trucker hats :sick: !!!!!! Every other f*cking girl in california is wear that exact outfit
they shoud all be killed next with Britney! :lol:

Originally posted by lele@Sep 13th, 2003 - 9:49 pm
wearing army jackets was cool in college (at least where i was- in the midwest) yuck but that camouflage trend was annoying to me

I agree, I've got two closets full of camouflage, but only because my husband and I did time in the military.

It annoyed me beyond means when I saw it at first. I had soo many high school people from back home asking me to send them my uniforms.

Um, "No", if you want the uniforms that damn bad, sign your life away also just like my husband and I did.

Now, thankfully, I can laugh it off knowing it looked better on me then them!

yes there is something honorable about that army green - it stands for something and I can only imagine how annoying that would be for you... it seems as if those who are dedicated to the cause or have been deserve the honor to wear it... although i do see it is a sort of homage to the military….

Originally posted by lele@Sep 14th, 2003 - 10:55 am
poppie tanks make the cutest tank with a flower pin and her stuff is ultra trendy right now...i agree I loved that trend maybe we still can.
Where I live people are only starting the flower pin trend now.... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->