Trends you regret trying

oh, wow...those are much less than attractive shoes. thanks for refreshing my memory regarding these LOL.

maybe mentioned before:
Buffalo shoes
hahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah
I don't know about the rest of the world but these shoes were HOT in Belgium in the 90s
i'm a bit ashamed but here's a picture

REMEMBER people, I'm not that person anymore :smile:

i think they are still cool
especially sneakers like these in white color might be a good option:smile:))

Last edited by a moderator:
they remind me of something Beyond Thunderdome.....

Scrunchies.
Leg warmers.
Dark lipliner and lighter lipstick. :sick:

In my defence, i was a child when all this seemed popular. :lol:

uber loose pants. and thank god i only wore it once!

as if wearing a denim mini skirt and flip flops everyday wasn't bad enough, when i discovered UGGs...

103662086_ef85aacec7.jpg

(source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/malingering/)

UGGGGH! what was I thinking?!

oh, and these in 7th grade:

mydivascloset_2043_69343641

(source: mydivascloset.com <-- the "wedding flip-flops". hmm..)

I wore these with my cheerleading shorts and a big bow in my hair to see 'NSYNC on the Rosie O'Donnell Show. wow....

I wore Uggs for about 2 months and got bored:sick: I also regret wearing anything from American Eagle in high school. That too got boring and than I started wearing what I though was stylish and not what everyone else was wearing.

It's true that classics always work ... and you should wear what you know looks good on you.

But .... the most of the people here are fashion oriented, so they often are the early adopters of the newest and latest trend. Perhaps thinking that they love it or that it will mark them as a trend setter .... only to look back and realize that it was rather silly looking or too common ... or just wrong.

I know that I've worn things that I loved at the time ... but looking back, after styles totally change .... now, I see how silly the whole thing was. Not just me ... the whole trend and all of us who bought into it! But then, that is what makes fashion so interesting and a lot of fun.

We learn from our mistakes ... so we have to take chances so that we can learn.

i absolutely agree :heart:

dragon-butterfly-clips.jpg

([FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]orchidaccessories.co.uk)[/SIZE][/FONT]

Butterfly clips :ninja:

^I almost, ALMOST, wore those before. My aunt kept convincing me to get a pair to keep hair out of my face. Gaah, thank god for teenage defiance.

JNCO raver pants, the candy beads, the sideways upside down visor, a pacifier around my neck and a rainbow bright t-shirt.

I looked like an idiot.

^ :rofl: I'm trying to picture that ensemble in my mind!

I've never been a follower of mainstream trends, I dress for my own image; BUT there came a type in freshman year high school where I started wearing ... -gulp- ... Abercrombie and Hollister and Forever 21.
:yuk:
They look so cheap, and the material is atrocious. Not to mention the fact that they brand just about everything, like anyone would care that ABERCROMBIE was monogrammed across a t-shirt.
Thank goodness for classic, tailored brands like Banana Republic. :heart:

neversummer...wow. props for creativity. :smile:

limy...make your font bigger...my eyes :blink:

JNCO raver pants, the candy beads, the sideways upside down visor, a pacifier around my neck and a rainbow bright t-shirt.

I looked like an idiot.

That's way intense. I'm trying to process it. Did your friends dress like that too? When was that?

I looked like an idiot.

OMG i rememebr pacifiers around the neck, girls wore them in middle school in 90s. LOL

i used to wear scrunchies, i had one it was like a pink rose huge one and i wore it to school every day :ninja: ( long time ago though)
also, flip flops ( ugh hate them now) and I had a matching d&g jeans and jean jacket
and logo , anything

the skateboard/surf phase...and I wasn't skater ahahahah...luckily I was young and didn't buy a lot of that crap...

That's way intense. I'm trying to process it. Did your friends dress like that too? When was that?
lesypersound got it right. Candy ravers from the late 90's. In my defensive I was 13-15 all my friends dressed like that and a good amount of X was involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->