Olivia Palermo

I dont get the spot comment - is she telling me to put a tiny piece of band aid on my face to get rid of a zit??!?!?

That method is actually really, really popular here and in Japan. It actually works! :P But we don't have to go through the trouble of cutting the band aid here, because now they sell packs of band aids that are already cut into little circles... I have 3 packs of them lying in my first aid kit. :lol:

Great editorial and interview in Grazia.... though she still comes off a bit too snooty for my liking.^_^

Does anyone have the scans for Whitney's ed?

The plaster thing is so interesting, I imagine they would be really obvious if you were wearing them on your face? I can't see Olivia wearing one at all...? :lol: :lol:

I think Olivia is referring to a plaster bandage where you wet it and stick it on the skin so it eventually hardens. Normally it's used to make casts for broken bones.

Here's an example:

Plaster bandage

Last edited by a moderator:
I took a picture just for you guys. :P Pretty much the material of a bandaid cut into circles! You leave it on your pimple overnight, and when you wake it, it's gone. It sort of sucks all the gunk out of the pimple :ninja:

acnebandaid.jpg

^ That is so cool! They're really effective? They don't leave scars though, do they?
Why don't they sell those here? :ermm:

thanks for the pic can I ask what they are called? Any name/brand? And where did you get them? I'm interested to try them...

Since Olivia is American it seems that if she was talking about a band-aid she would have just said "I put a band-aid on it." Are band-aids called "plaster" in the UK? I know magazines sometimes change words for clarity when interviewing foreign subjects.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive read she goes to a dermatolist once a month...I think this is prob common practice with this 'circle' of girls bc their skin is always flawless.

I looked at the sk:n clinics over here in london, but the website isnt that helpful...& doesnt offer the things liv described in grazia. Anyone recomend something similar?? My skin is so dry/oily and i have gross pores I want to clear up. At 25 I REALLY need to start seeing a dermatologist before its too late...

Since Olivia is American it seems that if she was talking about a band-aid she would have just said "I put a band-aid on it." Are band-aids called "plaster" in the UK? I know magazines sometimes change words for clarity when interviewing foreign subjects.

Yes we call band aid plasters and from the article it seems she cuts off a small piece of the sticky part and places it over the spot. It's funny how it's caused so much confusion.

The brand name is Nexcare - but I think the product might be available in Asia only, not too sure though. Nope - they don't leave scars, the "acne bandaids" are very gentle and easy to peel off!

The brand name is Nexcare - but I think the product might be available in Asia only, not too sure though. Nope - they don't leave scars, the "acne bandaids" are very gentle and easy to peel off!

i got them too :flower:. the manufacturer is 3M (yep, the very same manufacturer of scotch tape! :D) but i don't think this is the one olivia is referring to in her article. she mentions something about layering the stuff and you can't do that with the 3M pimple stickers.

That's funny how the different meanings of "plaster" in the UK and US caused so much confusion! I'm assuming that Olivia meant band aid and the writer just changed it to plaster for English readers' sake. Haha, kind of like "jumper" and "sweater."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomnes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->