Open Call Outfits

LilyBird

Reaction score
I realize there is already a thread on go-see clothes for models, but I figured I should start a new one for open calls. :blush:

In two weeks I plan on going on 15 open calls to differant agencies in NYC. They will be spread out from monday-friday and I could really use some help with what to wear!

I know I should wear something that shows my body shape, but I'm not quite sure about what top to wear, shoes, accesories, etc.

I am 5'9 with light brown medium length hair, green eyes and I have bangs (just in case this factors into a possible outfit!!!)

thanks so much! :flower:

:blush:

Chanel_girl's got it right. They like to see you in skirts too, so they can see your legs. On the Teen Vogue Model Scout forum you can see lots of first time polaroids and what other girls(and guys) wore to the agency"s open call. :flower:

Originally posted by model_mom@Mar 25th, 2004 - 7:53 pm
Chanel_girl's got it right. They like to see you in skirts too, so they can see your legs. On the Teen Vogue Model Scout forum you can see lots of first time polaroids and what other girls(and guys) wore to the agency"s open call. :flower:
thank you guys!!!! :wink:

I'm a little worried about the stilletos though, don't they have you take off high heels which makes you look like you shrunk? plus, my feet might die!

model_mom, is your daughter Allison Turner? She is so gorgeous! :woot:

From what I've heard they want you to wear stilletos to see how well you walk in them.

Originally posted by LilyBird+Mar 25th, 2004 - 8:33 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LilyBird @ Mar 25th, 2004 - 8:33 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-model_mom@Mar 25th, 2004 - 7:53 pm
Chanel_girl's got it right. They like to see you in skirts too, so they can see your legs. On the Teen Vogue Model Scout forum you can see lots  of first time polaroids and what other girls(and guys) wore to the agency"s open call. :flower:
thank you guys!!!! :wink:

I'm a little worried about the stilletos though, don't they have you take off high heels which makes you look like you shrunk? plus, my feet might die!

model_mom, is your daughter Allison Turner? She is so gorgeous! :woot: [/b][/quote]
Thank you :flower: For Ali's first trip to see her agent at Ford we went to a second hand store and bought the highest heels we could find. She had worn heels before but nothing like those babies. She practised walking in them for a week before her interview. One of the first things they ask her to do was walk! She signed her contract that day. Good luck, personality is a Big,Big plus! Ali needs to work on that still. :lucky:

Lilybird.. did you get that picture from a sign at FIT... I think those are in the cafeteria or something..

Originally posted by luna@Mar 25th, 2004 - 9:20 pm
Lilybird.. did you get that picture from a sign at FIT... I think those are in the cafeteria or something..
yes I did! they have signs just like it in the cafeteria :lol:

Wear:

* Comfortable Jeans
* Plain white/black singlet
* Hair out - bring a hair tie
* Flip Flops - bring heels
* No Makeup

Stay as fresh as you can :heart:

Okay, here is what I am *probably* going to wear:

these jeans
6307_02_l.jpg

and a polo
orange
pink
blue

I'm not really sure which color shirt I should wear, here is a picture of me which one do you think fits my coloring best?

(my brother and me)
CIMG3207.jpg

(I have no make-up on, so don't be too harsh!!!)

and of course, shoes:

these except all in black and umm not dior :lol:
10453580_main.jpg

or cutesy pumps like this?
p78095b.jpg

thanks again guys :flower:

I say go for the pumps, and I love your skin and hair color! My suggestion on the shirt would be orange. :flower:

pumps are a better chouice than boots.

You have a very nice look :flower:

Wow, I am really glad you made this forum! :flower:
I too am gonna start going to open calls soon, and this forum has been helpful on what to wear, and especially what shoes to wear. So thank you to all of you. :flower:

I'd go with the blue polo LilyBird. I think it'd fit your colouring the best. I'm partial to the cute pumps myself. Lastly, you are really pretty and quite tall, so I'm sure they'll love you! Best of luck to all you potential models! :flower:

I look like an absolute loon in this picture, but what do you think of the clothes? I have bangs and am wondering if it is better to put them to the side or the front...

scarf_and_jelly_1.jpg

Thanks for all the info in the thread everybody!!! I have an appointment with an agency next week and this helped me decide exactally what to wear!:heart:

I know this thread has been 'sleeping' but thanks to whoever replies!

I have an appointment with an agency next week, and I can't decide between some dark-wash skinny jeans or a short-ish skirt.

And its also getting to be that 'lady-time' so my skin, of course, is playing games with me, but I'm sure agencies here that line a lot. So is there anything I could say/do to reasure them that my face isn't always going to be broken out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->