What To Wear On The Job As a Fashion Intern?

I think you need to have an element of their style in the way you dress. Even if it's using their signature pieces in an unexpected way. This is extreme, but say if you were into Valentino, you probably won't be too suited interning at Isabel Marant.

hannah1721 those ideas are perfect. When I was interning I basically wore various combinations of skirts and blouses, or dresses. I hardly wore jeans, but then again, I'm not a big jeans or pants person. If I did wear pants, they would be grey or tan pants that tapered at the ankle with a pleat waist, usually with a stripey tank, necklaces and a cardigan. Skirts included short a-line, pleated, tiered or bandage skirts with a loose tshirt, silk blouse, shirt, silk tank top or grey sweat usually loosely tucked in.

Sorry I'm not so good with mens fashion - but TREVOFASHIONISTO you've probably already started - but for other posters, for the first day I probably wouldn't wear jeans, and a casual shirt, and play it by ear from there.

At my last internship we were given the "work experience guide" which had all the information you need including what to do when you're sick, HSE information, the lot. They also gave you a guide on what not to wear which included denim, trainers and jogging bottoms. This was because the type of company it was and the need to keep an image I imagine. So I now own some incredibly comfortable heels (vivienne westwood for melissa are quite useful if you're on your feet lots!) and mastered the art of going down 2 flights of stairs with a tray of teas and coffees while wearing heels. But if I was say working in the basement with the VM team, or organising the stock room it was acceptable to be fairly casual. I don't wear jeans though so I quite enjoyed it!

Also chuck a pair of ballet flats in your bags. If you're running errands you can change them at a bus stop, but there's also certain things you can't do in heels if you're say at a design studio. Where I'm working now if I wear heels in and spend my day at the pattern cutting table or on a sewing machine, I have to change shoes or I just hurt my back. Being comfortable is important otherwise you're just going get more and more tired quicker

what do you guys think about wedge heel boots? :huh:
i'm so used to heel boots, but wedges are always comfortable
i do not liket flat flats, much less sandals, who would wear sandals at any office involved job?
i would were anything simple and chic, a lot of grays, black skinny pants, nice dark jeans and even some beige pants, with nice jackets and accessories

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->