Oscar de la Renta F/W 09.10 New York

And what do you call Dior?

The thing about Dior is that it has become tacky in an almost "willing way"... To me, it feels like it was designed it to BE tacky, as if Galliano wanted to poke fun at himself or at the house brand, whereas this is striving to be something else, something more, but fell short and accidentally ended up being tacky.

i love the use of color
and the animal prints so sophisticated
and the gowns are to die for..i love the belts
on the dresses n skirts

It is Chic, it is glamorous but this time only for mature ladies. It looks very old to me.
the prints and cuts are nice but i don´t like it that much.

It feels very presidential.
Late 60's - early 70's
I wonder if Oscar de la Renta is a republican or Democrat...

the pink coat jourdan is wearing is gorgeous. i like the outfit georgina is wearing the first time aswell but overall i am not impressed with this sadly :(

I actually don't mind this at all. He's probably the only designer or label that can get away with zebra furs or leopard print. He just can't keep churning out his ornate socialite gowns or else we'll all be yawning.

the animal print is hideous, but the gowns are really pretty.

This is my Fabs!!

The last 3 looks Are perfect for the oscar!!

pics from style.it

its very dynasty 80s socialite , but i prefer the 80s socialite look then then the 80s punk wh*re look a la givenchy which most NYC designers are doing

I like the gowns in a finale and some pieces from beginning of the show. Especially the black ones. But leopard prints? No, no, no :shock:

Nice Colors!!

LOVE The Maroon Pants

Last edited by a moderator:
I quite like it and could see Michelle Obama in some pieces ^_^

With the Oscars coming up, expect a few of these gowns there. :rofl:

I'd love to see Anne Hathaway in the red dress at #39.

A lot of the gowns are pretty, but the leopard print is pretty awful. I think the only person who'd wear their hair like that is Princess Anne.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->