Oscar de la Renta F/W 09.10 New York

Ok, I like like 2 pieces. About others, well, my grandmum might like them.

It pains me to say this about an ODLR collection, but this is just...bad. :shock: The hair, the colours, the prints, it is all too distracting and overwhelming. I see Lanvin, I see Chanel, but very little of the ODLR aesthetic/spirit, which is surprising! His clothes are always so recognizable, but looking a these, I personally wouldn't have guessed he was the designer.

He's referencing the Oscar De La renta of the 80s. He unlike most designers, can actually do that because he has a large archive of his own to reference. Opulence and over the top is what Oscar was known for in the 80s. As the fashion sence shifts from decade to decade, most designers are willing to adapt, but most make it just a little to odvious (Marc Jacobs and the shoulder pad monstrosities) We must all know that Oscar De La Renta along with Karl Lagerfeld are the last designers that came from the Haute Couture scene of the 1950s in Paris, and because of consistency, they have managed to survive.

VERY consistent and that is what the ODLR customer likes. not lots of space to make new ones, although i am a big fan of the leopard print evening gown :heart: I know some women will fight over it!
other than that it is about time for them to change their stylist. hair is good, but whoever throws those looks together needs to move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->