Oscar de la Renta Studded Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

meowmix

Reaction score
anyone have any clue what bag this is? this was featured in some issue of WWD... i ran across it on the andrea brueckner site under "press". i couldn't zoom in on the picture for any more details though :(

(perhaps we should start a pinned bag ID thread?)

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 25
if it's the bag lindsey lohan and jessica simpson have been carrying, it's lanvin and it's like $1600.

oh thanks a lot! i wasn't sure if it was the same.. i just ran across it and fell in love. do you know if they're part of their summer collection or pre-fall/fall? or where i could find it? i'd love to get my hands on one...

I don't think that's the Lanvin bag...but, the Lanvin is fantastic! I think it's pre fall and it's at Barneys. Curious - where did you see Lindsay and Jessica carrying the bag?

marnivore said:
I don't think that's the Lanvin bag...but, the Lanvin is fantastic! I think it's pre fall and it's at Barneys. Curious - where did you see Lindsay and Jessica carrying the bag?

just look through their recent candids and there they are with the same bag.

I've compared the bag I've seen on jessica and lindsey, and marnivore is right -- it's not the bag you're looking for meowmix. sorry. I hope you find it (and I hope it's less than $1600!)

meowmix, it might be a Be & D bag. I've seen a similar Be & D design in white.

Lily, would you happen to have a link to the pic of Jessica? I heard about photos of her with this bag from quite a few people but no one seems to recall where they saw it! Thanks in advance.

in the jessica simpson candids

xjsimpson060805118vh.jpg

058hc.jpg

035lk.jpg

its not the same, but Be & D have a similar bag on bergdorfgoodman.com

BGV4235_mp.jpg

maybe yours is from a previous season.

At first I thought it was BE & D, but now I don't think so. The beads on BE & D are smaller and flatter and the straps are different.

And the bag in the first picture looks like it has different colored beads. I don't like the black version too much, I think the brown is nicer.

the circular holes that the handles attach to on that brown bag seem oddly familiar -- and I don't like them. and is it a frame bag? I don't like that either. but I agree that the brown/brass combo is more appealing. I also like how the studs are varied in shape and color (I think). the buttons on the lanvin one are too close together, but I like the overall shape. and I really dislike the be & d one -- it looks so cheap and it's not.

Actually the brown in the first picture and Simpson's bag look like 2 different bags.

Taitai said:
Actually the brown in the first picture and Simpson's bag look like 2 different bags.

yeah, we figured that out.

actually, both marnivore and masquerade came to the conclusion that they're not the same bag and you speculated that it might be be & d so it did seem pretty clear to me that my first guess that it was the lanvin bag that j. simpson has was wrong. and after looking at the candids it seems pretty obvious they're not the same bag. so I don't know what your point is.

LilyGirl said:
actually, both marnivore and masquerade came to the conclusion that they're not the same bag and you speculated that it might be be & d so it did seem pretty clear to me that my first guess that it was the lanvin bag that j. simpson has was wrong. and after looking at the candids it seems pretty obvious they're not the same bag. so I don't know what your point is.

My point: clearly I didn't jump to the same conclusion you/others did until my last post.

Since there's a lot of speculation going on with this bag, naturally people will make different guesses. That simple.

I think the whole stud thing will be in next year, def. At least.. that's what inspiration boards were saying at one of my interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->