Oscar de la Renta Studded Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's worth $1600. it's cute and different, the leather is nice and the shape is convenient, but I can't say I'm in love with the big tarnished buttons (and I'm not wild about how they're just sewn on -- kinda feels like they could fall off over time, just like a button). I don't see it as a trendy bag so it won't go out of style per se, but I do see you getting tired of it quickly. but if you absolutely love it then get it.

as for the stud "trend," I've had my sonia rykiel domino bag for years and think it looks cool no matter what.

meowmix, I can't be sure but the bag you posted originally looks a lot like a bag on page 80 of August Allure magazine. It's by Oscar de la Renta and it costs $1300.

marnivore said:
meowmix, I can't be sure but the bag you posted originally looks a lot like a bag on page 80 of August Allure magazine. It's by Oscar de la Renta and it costs $1300.

Yup that's the one. The de la Renta will be coming in two shades of brown - tan and a darker brown.

It sound nicer than the lanvin with the different sizes of studs. Gotta find the Allure mag August issue to see the pic.

I really want this bag... When is it coming out? Hoping it's in a few months so I can save up.

klow-chloe' said:
It sound nicer than the lanvin with the different sizes of studs. Gotta find the Allure mag August issue to see the pic.

I don't think it's as wide as the Lanvin. Also I think the studs are slightly flatter than the bumpier studs on Lanvin. And I think the de la Renta leather is stiffer. I like the Lanvin leather which is soft but the Lanvin is too small for me.

Guessgirl96 said:
I really want this bag... When is it coming out? Hoping it's in a few months so I can save up.

Guessgirl,

If you're asking about the Lanvin bag, already came out a few months ago. It's been sold out for sometime now.In the East Coast/US, I think only Barneys carried it and only in a few pieces.

Bergdorf in NY carries de la Renta bags.

Taitai said:
I don't think it's as wide as the Lanvin. Also I think the studs are slightly flatter than the bumpier studs on Lanvin. And I think the de la Renta leather is stiffer. I like the Lanvin leather which is soft but the Lanvin is too small for me.

isn't the lanvin leather nice? soft but seems quite durable. and I thought the shape was practical. but I just didn't like the buttons -- so big and close together. I think the ODL looks nicer but fear that it's even smaller than the lanvin.

Taitai said:
Guessgirl, there is a lovely lady from Peru who is the senior SA in the Bergdorf bag department. So kind and helpful. I think her name might be Maria, let me look for my records.

Thank you :smile: I'll be sure to ask for her when I call tommorow

i just saw this bag in allure (as marnivore posted :flower: ) ... i think i actually like the lanvin better, although i'd have to agree with lily... there's something about the big buttons that i don't like. thanks so much for all the help guys!

I was going to call about the ODLR bag but then I thought about how much I've been spending latley -- eeek!

I'll hvae to pass on this bag :-(

^ May be re-consider it after you've sold your tan paddy:wink: I got my tan and I can't part it :cry:

so at long last here's a pic of the mystery bag from the bergdorf site:

BGV5284_mp.jpg

I can't say I'm wild about the big shoulder strap holes and was disturbed by the description which says that the bag is embellished with sequins and rhinestones. maybe it looks better than it sounds.

I def. like the lanvin bag better, I'm not so crazy about this one

Well, isn't the original picture that meowmix and lilygirl post, post 1 and post 47, from oscar de la renta? So I think the title is appropriate. Maybe someone should open up a Lanvin jet set thread and move everything relating to the bag there.
Or some of this can merge with the kansas thread and form a lavin bag thread

Foxie-Pooh said:
Well, isn't the original picture that meowmix and lilygirl post, post 1 and post 47, from oscar de la renta? So I think the title is appropriate. Maybe someone should open up a Lanvin jet set thread and move everything relating to the bag there.
Or some of this can merge with the kansas thread and form a lavin bag thread

The brown studded is by de la Renta. The black studded is Lanvin. So the thread title is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrianadrima
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->