Outlander (TV Series)

The costumes for Season 2 look gorgeous (outlander-online)

After watching so many shows on demand, how am I going to wait each week for an episode?! Specially after waiting so long for this season to start LOL

TV Guide magazine photoshoot and BTS pics (outlander online)

Even if I weren't a huge fan of the series it would still be worth watching for the costumes and the visuals (Outlander Online)

But fortunately it's also a good show!

‘Outlander’ Season Two: Terry Dresbach Talks Costumes
Sawed-off mannequin breasts, dresses too big to fit inside trailers, 1940s Balenciaga inspirations — season two of the Starz cult hit “Outlander” has, in all ways, upped the ante. When the time-traveling drama returns to the network on Saturday, audiences who have been waiting since 2014 will be in for even more opulence: lead characters Claire and Jamie take 18th-century Paris. “Every would-be blank space has some gold hoo-hah on the wall,” says the show’s costume designer, Terry Dresbach. “They’re not known for minimalist.”

Season two, from the drama itself to the costumes, is “bigger in every conceivable way,” says Dresbach, who previously won an Emmy for her work on the 2003 HBO series “Carnivàle.” “Caitriona [Balfe, who plays Claire] and the other actresses could no longer get dressed in their trailers because they couldn’t fit through the doors. In 18th-century buildings, the doors weren’t really wide — and we didn’t make the dresses as wide as they actually would have been. Jamie [played by Sam Heughan] would’ve been standing 12 feet away from Claire and they would’ve been waving at each other.” Makeshift dressing rooms were installed in several of the period buildings they shot in.

Dresbach and her team created over 10,000 garments for the second season, outfitting extras and main characters alike, including multiple costume changes for single characters. “In season one, Claire has about six to eight changes in her costume,” she says. “In season two, she has, like, 25.” And it wasn’t as if these pieces were quick to throw together: “[Creating] one of Claire’s dresses takes about a month,” Dresbach says. “So we had to figure out how to mass-produce the 18th century.”

Such a challenge was what attracted her to “Outlander,” Dresbach says. “One of the reasons for taking the show for me was the opportunity to do 18th-century Paris,” Dresbach says. “But then it was like, ‘Oh my god I have to do 18th-century Paris.’” While season one was about dressing in raw wools for the Scottish elements, season two has Claire and Jamie in the “highly embellished and decorated” fabrics of France. “We wanted Claire and Jamie to look comfortable in the French court, but not part of the French court,” Dresbach says. “Jamie is very clean and masculine and simple, and for Claire it was really important for us to retain that Forties modern clean look that we had established for her before.”

The Forties inspirations were drawn from a range of European designers, including Balenciaga, Dior and Valentino. “Anybody who knows fashion can draw direct lines from Claire’s costumes to fashion of the Forties,” Dresbach says. “That’s the period Claire came from, and all of those incredible designers from 1946, 1947, they all came out of World War II, and so did Claire. We wanted to create that sensibility for the show.”

The costumes got some face time with fans, as they adorn the windows of Saks Fifth Avenue in the retailer’s New York and Los Angeles flagships from March 22 through Monday. “Being five floors above street level in Saks for a week, sawing the limbs and breasts off of mannequins, and adjusting mannequins to 18th-century bodies was really an experience of a lifetime,” Dresbach says of the mannequins they brought in from Scotland. “All of our costumes are made for corseted bodies, which really flatten the body. Even without the skinny mannequins of today, it just doesn’t work. So we literally sawed the breasts off of the mannequins — which is kind of creepy and weird to do.”
wwd

Such a sad beginning to the new season :( even with the flashbacks is gonna be bittersweet imo
I'm already annoyed that we have to wait a week for a new episode...

Such a sad beginning to the new season :( even with the flashbacks is gonna be bittersweet imo
I'm already annoyed that we have to wait a week for a new episode...

It is more consistent with the books than I thought it would be though. When I read that they weren't starting in the 1960's (like the 2nd book did) I thought they would just start in the 18th century and then have Claire's return happen toward the end of the season. I liked that they did it this way. I wonder if they'll end it like the second book ended...

Here are some more pics from Outlander Online

Is it me or the season so far has been incredible boring? Tell me it gets better!

Is it me or the season so far has been incredible boring? Tell me it gets better!

I really liked the third episode. And remember that the first few episodes of the first season were also slow. The show takes its time with exposition and character development. But if you want less talk and more action wait another episode or two. If they're following the same rough structure as the books things pick up at that point.

I only recently started watching this show but got addicted to it. I watched season 1 and just when I was done, season 2 started ^_^
But there will be only 8 episodes for now, right? for the first half of the season?

I really enjoyed season 1 and I'm enjoying season 2 as well.
The first episode was really sad though. I guess Jamie is supposed to be the big love of Claire's life but Frank didn't do anything wrong either. He's just a poor guy whose wife disappeared :( and he seems to really love her.

Caitriona Balfe is so gorgeous, she's the main reason I started watching in the first place. She is so captivating and has great chemistry with Sam. :blush:

If I gather enough will power, I'll try to wait until this season ends then wait see it all at once. It's more fun this way. ^_^

I only recently started watching this show but got addicted to it. I watched season 1 and just when I was done, season 2 started ^_^
But there will be only 8 episodes for now, right? for the first half of the season?
No that's how they did the first season, but this season they're doing 13 episode and airing them all at the same time. So I think it ends in June.

^
:woot::woot::woot: Great news, we don't have to wait so long to see the full season.
Thanks for the info, you've just made my day ^_^

Sam looking hot for Interview Magazine May 2016

samcaitlife.wordpress.com

^Thanks so much for posting. It's good to see them in magazines as well, I wish they'd get more exposure.

Haute Living Los Angeles May-June 2016

dailymail

I just saw Ep 7 of this season, that was one of the best TV series episodes I've ever seen... just superb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->