Overrated Celebrity Style!

ok here is my list:
rihanna..(she's always trying so hard...:yuk:)
laurend conrad (copy-cat)
paris hilton (i can't believe she is Nicky's sister..no way!)
lady gaga (don't need to add more :sick:)
victoria beckham (see rihanna)
all gossip girl cast (they're all so styled..)
mischa barton (after she fired rachel zoe..:cry:)

lady gaga makes me sick. terrible clothes, terrible hair, terrible personality. i dont understand how anyone can say she is "INSPIRING". maybe for blind people...

Kate Moss (don't find anything great about her)
Cate Blanchett (she has some good choices, but also some terrible ones)
Rhianna
Beyonce
Victoria Beckham (plastic woman/style)
Mary_kate abd Ashely Olsen
Kristen Stewart
Taylor Momsen

lady gaga makes me sick. terrible clothes, terrible hair, terrible personality. i dont understand how anyone can say she is "INSPIRING". maybe for blind people...

:rofl: this got me laughing, and I agree to this. I don't dig her style no matter how innovative or fashion forward people may call it.:yuk:

i've got a new one ... selena gomez. i mean, she looks good but her outfits i think are usually really safe and boring, and old. like the ruffled shirts and pencils skirts, how many pics can i stand to see of them? and everyone just calls it so "stylish and age-appropriate". she's like lauren conrad, but just a little bit better.
i like paris hilton though, but only her red-carpet outfits. i hate her overly matchy-matchy sweatsuits and headbands on the streets:yuk:

Last edited by a moderator:
posh spice
lady gaga
megan fox
beyonce
rihanna
madonna
hilton sisters
olsen twins
rachel bilson
cheryl cole
pixie geldof
alison the one who has testino as a godfather
coco sting's daughter
aggy
well, there is just too many 'style icons'...

SJP..I just feel like she is overrated and that everyone think she has an amazing style since she had such a great stylist during her SATC period, but honestly anyone can putt on a ball gown and look like a princess IMO..

Kate Bosworth.I mean what the devil is so special about wearing Chloe,Alexander Wang,and jeggings nonstop?! Everyone else is stuck in that trendy look,so why is she so well dressed all of a sudden?
B O R I N G

SJP..I just feel like she is overrated and that everyone think she has an amazing style since she had such a great stylist during her SATC period, but honestly anyone can putt on a ball gown and look like a princess IMO..

Lol, I'm glad someone mentioned her.

Well all the style Sarah has is thanks to Patricia Field,stylist extraordinaire!

Kate Bosworth.I mean what the devil is so special about wearing Chloe,Alexander Wang,and jeggings nonstop?! Everyone else is stuck in that trendy look,so why is she so well dressed all of a sudden?
B O R I N G

I don't think her street style is anything special in the slightest, but when she gets dressed up she wears some great stuff. Whoever styles her is doing a great job.

I agree about Sarah Jessica Parker, I don't think i've ever seen a look from her I like. At times she can go really overkill on a look and everything she wears just looks so fashiony and styled. Like she has no style at all, let alone an individual personal sense of style, I don't really know how to explain it.....:unsure:

The single most overrated person imo is Lady Gaga, she doesn't even do avant garde dressing well. All she does is dress up and unoriginally at that. Like the Hussein Chalayan rip off she wore, she couldn't even come up with something original. plus she has a stylist, you'd think she'd be capable of styling herself considering what such a high opinion she has of herself.

SJP - I don't think her style's overrated because I feel like she can pull off just about anything... I can appreciate that... I think she appreciates high fashion, but just doesn't feel like she needs to be attached to it all the time..

Rihanna... I HAVE TO AGREE... I find her style to be overdone and often times unflattering.

SJP, for sure. I honestly think her style is lauded because she's a mainstream celebrity wearing the kind of fashion couture clients and the lesser known European and Asian celebrities wear. Her style would be nothing extraordinary if she were working in the Asian or European film industry.

Obviously all of the cookie cutter Hollywood girls. Even their street style is identical to one another. And don't get me started on their Marchesa-clad red carpet outings... :rolleyes:

Funny how when this thread was first started (2005), no one had even heard of half these people being mentioned now. Hopefully most will stay as a flash-in-the-pan.
Rhianna for sure. Unless "trashy ho" is major fashion-forward these days.
Lauren Conrad and anyone from a "reality" show based in California. Since when is a velour track suit or a simple cotton summer frock avante-garde? What, you throw on a designer bag, and *poof! Style Icon?
Alexa Chung.
There, I said it. It HAD to be said by someone. Sorry ladies, but she looks like every single teenage to twenty-something girl at the mall. I guess thrift shop chic is stylish to some. Not me. Every time I look at her I wonder if she smells like old people. When she has been styled and is doing a magazine shoot, sure, looks great. But the candids, and her out and about look? BLECH!
oh yeah, and her hair is always a mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticnsilent
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->