Owen Wilson Attempts Suicide

Why is Courtney Love friends with EVERYBODY o_o;

I think it's because she's gregarious, very smart and "fun" and doesn't edit herself at all. She calls 'em as she sees 'em. She draws people out of their shells, she's en pointe in a social scene, and quickly points out pomposity and ridiculousness. This is often to her own and other's detriment, however, because it appears she holds herself above her own judgment, which she has no qualms about doling out on others. In short, she an egotist in a field where egotism is required, and she shouldn't go changing any time soon.

I hold her and her artistic output in high regard, but I'm afraid she'd terrify me in person. To state that someone else is accountable for someone's attempted suicide, especially considering her own life's story and that of her loved ones, really shows where her own vulnerabilities lie. All that said, she has the perfect right to say what she feels about Mr. Coogan. She's probably correct in saying that anyone on the wagon or facing the temptation of a relapse would be wise to avoid him. She's blunt, but she's Truthful. Gotta love her.

Anyway, the thrill-seeking and All Eyes on Me-type behavior evident in the clamoring famous set set these types of wheels in motion. Let them play it out. I'm sure glad I don't have to.

I'm always surprise when a celebrity gets in trouble or have personal issues than all of a sudden somebody celebrity or not comes out for face time.

ABC Talking Heads: Owen a Laughing Matter?

ABC "World News Now" anchors Ryan Owens and Taina Hernandez had a hard time keeping straight faces while reporting the alleged suicide attempt of comic actor Owen Wilson. The on air duo couldn't stop laughing while announcing Wilson's dramatic ordeal.

What had the two chuckleheads so giggly? It turns out that Owens and Hernandez have the maturity of 9-year-olds, and thought that the last name of Wilson's uncle -- Hoe -- was hilarious.

The pair offered an on air apology ... two days later.
(image & source: http://www.tmz.com/2007/09/04/abc-talking-heads-owen-a-laughing-matter/)

^
Nice to know that some news anchors are so mature! :rolleyes: I'm probably no better since I'm posting about it, but taking pictures of him right now and et al is so tacky and disrespectful. I'm glad to know that he seems to be doing all right, but I think he deserves some privacy--even though he's a celebrity.

^that's so insensitive! :o I can't believe they did that.

wishing Owen all the best... :flower: I'm still so shocked by this news and I hope he's surrounded by people who care about him so he can get better.

That's too bad...
it looked like a good group of guys and I was hoping it would be good.

Holy crap, that is really shocking!! And very sad, I quite like Owen Wilson. Wow, man...
Hope he gets better!

i read in the newspaper that he hadn't suicide himself by his palm because recent picture are avaible and there you can see nothing.. anyone?

poor guy :cry: feel so sorry for him what must going on in his poor head

I agree. People often use humor as a means of masking things that are truly troubling them. I hope that whatever Owen is dealing with he finds the strength and is given the privacy to deal with in it. The press really ought to back off during times like these - media scrutiny can't help one bit.

He's so talented. I've seen like all of his films and read his screenplays with Wes. I just really wish this weren't such a public thing. There is no reason why anyone outside of his immediate family should know about this.

I agree..My father killed himself three years ago today, and just having all these people in our town that we barely knew making up rumors and lies about everything just adds to a really really crappy situation..and the lies and rumors about him are infinitely magnified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->