Owen Wilson Attempts Suicide

Well this is obviously going to get the Enquirer a bit more realibility, but it's just unbelievable.

I hope he's fine :(

omg, I am shocked :shock:
I would've have never thought that he would attempt suicide :o

I hope that he is alright. Hopefully he will get some clearity on things after
he's released from hospital and the strength to sort out whatever
that made him do this.

:o I was so shocked to read this...he's always seemed very together to me but you don't know what's really going on in peoples lives...I hope he's getting the help and support he needs. This was so sad to read :cry:

wtf??? he's like the last person I would imagine to try and kill themselves...
Poor chap, if it's true... Suicide is a very bad option, once you do it, you can never take it back.

Oh wow! i am shocked! how terrible. he's always seemed so funny and happy. i love his movies. i hope he's doing well now. i feel sad reading this. :(

i love OWEN!!!!! please dont do this to yourself!!
i know that he has been hanging out with the wrong crowd the past couple years. most of them totally unstable "kids" who dont often do very legal things.... so to be honest ive been worried about him but this is a shock!!!!!!!!
im almost shaking.
i hope he gets the right help and a RIGHT woman by his side quick!

So often its the people you least expect...
He is lucky he survived, it sounds pretty extreme.

Like everyone else who posted, I was also extremely stunned by this news. His career is going great. He always looks like he's having fun. He is close to his family. It is so cliche, but it goes to prove that money and fame don't buy happiness. I hope that he is OK and gets the treatment he needs. And if this story is false, I hope he sues the tabloids for every last cent they have because suicide is no joking matter.

The National Enquirer does drug coverage well so I believe it.

Oh wow....I would have never expected this out of him. He always seemed so...well...stable?

with the exception for the Kate Hudson relationship, he's pretty much stayed out of the spotlight despite being in his share of hits.

This is very sad...
I hope he sorts himself out...
at least he seems to have a nice loving family to help him.

Owen Wilson Hospitalized

5y0hil3.jpg

TMZ has confirmed that Owen Wilson was taken to the hospital Sunday in Los Angeles.

Santa Monica Police issued the following statement to TMZ: "On Sunday Aug. 26. 2007 at 12:10 PM, officers from the Santa Monica Police Department responded to a medical assistance call from the Santa Monica Fire Department at the 900 block of 23rd Street. The person was transported to a local hospital where they are being treated."

TMZ has learned the 911 call came in at 11:59 AM to the L.A. Fire Department.

Citing medical privacy laws, they would not release any additional information, nor would they comment on why he was transported.

A call to Owen's rep was not immediately returned.
^ It doesn't say why he was hospitalized, but I completely understand why. It's all so sad though. I do have to agree with those who said it's usually the people you least suspect. :(

(image & source: http://www.tmz.com/2007/08/26/owen-wilson-hospitalized/)

Reports: Owen Wilson Hospitalized

4ml1ctw.jpg

Owen Wilson's parents and brothers were seen at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on Sunday night amid reports Wilson was hospitalized.

Santa Monica police issued a statement saying officers responded to a "medical assistance call" at a house on Wilson's street shortly after noon Sunday. A source confirmed the house was Wilson's.

"The person was transported to a local hospital where they are being treated," the police statement said.

According to media reports, it was Wilson who was transported.

Later in the evening, Wilson's brothers Andrew and Luke, as well as his parents, were seen at Cedars-Sinai in Los Angeles.

Wilson's rep didn't immediately respond to requests for comment.

Wilson, who stars in the upcoming Wes Anderson movie The Darjeeling Limited, is currently filming the comedy Tropic Thunder, directed by Wilson's friend Ben Stiller.

^ There's no new information, but it's lovely to know that his family visited him. :heart:

(image & source: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20053358,00.html)

^ Yes it is nice to know that the whole family is by his side. I know that Ben Stiller is a very good friend of his, and I am sure he will be there too...especially since he is directed Owen's newest film project.

it seems like only the Enquirer is jumping on the suicide story. Not that they are right or wrong, but I haven't seen it confirmed elsewhere.

Anyway, I agree, it is nice to see that his whole family is there and supporting him

^ Yeah, everyone else is just saying he was in the hospital....
nothing about a suicide attempt...
Maybe it's just an accidental overdose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->