PALTY Japanese Hair Dye - Lightening Black Hair

Neeky

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I have black asian hair and I've been wanting to get it lightened to a light brown/Bronze for a while now and the only thing that has really stopped me is my lack of money and the fact that asian hair tends to turn orange/red instead of the desired colour. So I was wondering if anyone has used Palty hair dye before as I've heard that it works really well on lightening asian hair without the orange/redness. Or if anyone can recommend any other over the counter dyes where I can lighten my hair in a subtle gradual way.

I would also love to know what brands would work on black hair too. I heard that Palty and beautylaboo japanese hair brand works really well but doesnt last as long. There is a forum that shows before and after pics of using the Japanese brand. I forgot what it was called but it did show alot of nice results. I've used hair color removals and that just REALLY damages your hair like make it feel brassy! i mean literally brassy and gross. So it took weeks for my hair to get back to its old self with lots of conditioning. And the end result caused my hair to look blotchy once I've applied the color that I wanted. Some areas were lighter than others.

I never tried this brand before but is really interested! I found a youtube video of a girl reviewing this product
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BawE9a35eHY
I hope that helps! im sure there are more videos about this hair dye...I think it wouldnt hurt to try it.

Thanks Sun_Goddess01, I've looked at heaps of videos on youtube including that one, I think most of the girls had their hair bleached before hand so the colors do turn out closer to the one on the box, but mine is black so it would probably turn a reddish brown.

I've been researching an I came across a product called Unred by Ardell, not sure if you've heard of it, but we don't have it where I live so I was just interested if anyone has used it. Its a color additive you can add to your dye or shampoo/conditioner to eliminate orange and redness brassiness from the hair, not sure how well it works though.

I'm going to South Korea soon and am planing to do something with my hair^^ I'll let you know if I find any good products^^

i saw palty today at my local japanese supermarket. it was actually the barbie pink packaging that really attracted me :P ...anyways, i've been thinking about dyeing my (dyed) jet black hair to a light reddish/orangey brown (like "juicy peach" girl) and have seen & read many reviews that show before and after pics with girls that have that colour turn out on their natural and dyed black hair after using the "milk tea brown' colour. but there were other posts with girls who used "orange biscuit", "caramel brown" and "juicy peach" and turned out the same. the majority used "milk tea brown" and even though the girl on the box has blonde hair, it doesn't turn out like that. i heard that palty is the choice for asian hair because it lightens without the bleach. and the more times you use it, the lighter your hair gets. i think i'll give it a try!

07.jpg

source: thippyshop.com

I love Honey Brown and Caramel Brown, but it would take me at least 3 applications to get my hair that colour, but I'm still scared it will come out orange.

Couture_Whore if you give it a go let us know how it goes, maybe some pics? : )

I got my hair colored in Korea, i have no idea what they used. But i would really like to try that japanese one too to lighten my ends

I just bought Milk Tea Brown color, and premium beige and Champagne pink from Blythe doll hair color^^

As I've already said I got my hair colored in Korea and I bleached some part of it my self when I cam back home, and It became a little bit orange, which I guess is normal if you have Asian hair, but then I used a L'Oreal blonde color..can't remember the name but after using that one on top of the bleached hair the orange color disappeared completely

i tried out the platy one and it was pretty good, but I had already bleached parts of it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->