Pantene bad for your hair?

^I think it varies from person to person. Pantene was so-so for my hair, not great but alright, then I switched to a Loreal shampoo and it suited me far more

Okay, I did a bit of reading on this topic:
-There are many different types of Pantene shampoo and certain kinds contain silicone. Over long periouds of time, it can leave a waxy residue if it's usually not washed out properly. The waxy coating problems occur if you don't rinse properly and it happens a lot over time. The one I use is Pantene Pro-V Volume and I checked the back of the bottle; it does not contain silicone at all. But if the type you use does have it, make sure you rinse thouroughly.

-Another common complaint is hair loss. This is actually natural hair shedding and on average, a person sheds 100 strands a day. Many strands actually stay in your hair, wrapped with other hairs or tucked into knots. Pantene makes your hair silkier, smoother, and less knotty. Therefore, the shedded hair falls out instead of being stranded in your hair.

Anyone good experiences with redken?

I use Redken Body Full shampoo and conditioner. I love their products because they don't weigh my hair down. Plus it's also very clarifying. Redken All Soft is another good one because it smooths hair. I also use Redken Extreme Rescue Force Deep Extreme Treatment once or twice a week because my hair is damaged from highlights and coloring.

I also sometimes use shampoo and hair masks from Phyto which work well. (Just to change things up.) ^_^

the issue with Pantene is that they still use Ammonium Sulfate, which is WAY harsher than the Sodium Sulfate used in other shampoos (even those Sodium is still not the answer to all hair questions...).

what Pantene basically does is that the Ammonium dries out your hair, doesn't replenish ANY nutrients just simply covers up the hair with silicones to make it shiny and soft. after a while, your hair will have build-up and it'll be basically empty inside, making it break off.

I'm reading from the back of a Pantene bottle and not all Pantene types contain silicone. For the types that do contain it, silicone prevents your hair from damage and build-up only happens when you don't wash the shampoo out properly.

Pantene does not contain ammonium sulfate, it contains sodium laureth sulphate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->