US Elle April 2015 : Shailene Woodley by Michael Thompson

oh god... this is one big catastrophy... to me, she has never been photogenic and this is really bad... the pose, the airbrushing, the way how they want to make it look natural... everything is just bad

Review:

-Amelia Roman by Liz Collins
Styling by Samira Nasr

-Teddy Schwab by David Bellemere
Styling by Vanessa Chow

-Kristina Lisovenko, Frances Coombe, Juliette Fazekas and Renata by Horst Diekgerdes
Styling by Sabina Schredder

Shailene Woodley by Michael Thompson

Jesus wept! Not one good shot, her expressions are causing second hand embarrassment. And that black leggings/tights/pants? Eeck!
Michael Thompson hasn't even settled in yet. This is so disappointing after last month's good work.

HAHHAHA OH MY GOD. What on earth is this. Is this a cover or an ad for some armpit whitening soap?

That's exactly what I thought when I had the first glance at this foto. It doesn't look like fashion magazine at all. And the make-up... It makes her really older...

Cover story

Photographer: Michael Thompson
Stylist: Barbara Baumel
Hair: Serge Normant
Make-up: Rachel Goodwin at The Magnet Agency
Manicure: Ashlie Johnson at The Wall Group
Article: Holly Millea
Production: Dan Foley

Actress: Shailene Woodley

Source: imcmagazine.com

Last edited by a moderator:
"Mix Master"

Photographer: Liz Collins
Stylist: Samira Nasr
Hair: Chi Wong at Julian Watson Agency
Make-up: Georgina Graham at Management + Artists
Manicure: Jenny Longworth at CLM
Casting: Sisi Choneo at Zan Casting
Production: Charlie Brierley at D+V

Model: Amelia Roman

Wow Shailene's editorial is a travesty. I understand she's an actress and posing for fashion shoots isn't necessarily her comfort zone but lord above she is terrible in this story. The awful hair and make-up aren't helping.

Shailene Woodley appears on tons of fashion and entertainment magazines lately to promote her new movie "Insurgent", and this is the most awkward.

"Rank And Style"

Photographer: David Bellemere
Stylist: Vanessa Chow

Hair: Pasquale Ferrante (on location) + Shin Arima at Frank Reps (in studio)

Make-up: Fiona Stiles at The Wall Group (on location) + Deanna Hagan at Kate Ryan Inc. (in studio)

Manicure: April Foreman at The Wall Group (on location) + Maki Sakamoto at Kate Ryan Inc. (in studio)

Casting: Sisi Chonco at Zan Casting
Production: Andrea Cahigal at Portfolio One Inc.

Model: Liza "Teddy" Schwab

Last edited by a moderator:
This cover is downright atrocious and I'd be almost ashamed to say I was at the helm at time of publication. The hideous makeup ruins Shailene's entire cover story! The awful eye makeup makes Shailene look as though she's never slept for a month and when combined with the lighting, it's a disaster.

I know that Shailene doesn't photograph well and none of her print works impressed me so far, but this one is the worst I've seen from her. The styling and make up is so out of place. Her facial expressions are awkward and it made me cringe

"Short Story"

Photographer: Horst Diekgerdes
Stylist: Sabina Schreder
Hair: Sebastien Richard at Jed Root
Make-up: Stephanie Kunz at Calliste
Manicure: Christina Conrad at Calliste
Prop Stylist: Sophie Glasser at Talent & Partner
Casting: Sisi Chonco at Zan Casting
Production: Jamila Wahid at Brachfeld Paris Production

Models: Frances Coombe + Juliette Fazekas + Kristina Lisovenko + Renata Scheffer

"Short Story" credits 4 models, but I only see 3...? Renata at IMG -- my guess is Renata Scheffer, after a Google search -- Anyways I don't see her.

Ah Elle and their bland, instantly forgettable editorials. The highlight of this issue seems to be the cover story. If only for how atrocious it is, either way, it's the only thing I will remember and something I'm sure I won't soon forget! It is the bar I will now judge every bad cover by. I suppose this will be Elle's version of the Kim/Melania covers for Vogue. Although this one for pure asthetic values. It's bad but is it Shailene bad??

I know we've said this before, but looking at all the fashion features makes Elle's lack of identity and mood even more apparent. There's nothing content wise which I associate with this edition. It feels like I'm looking at the Elle Worldwide thread. All of these editorials could be for any other country - Poland, Mexico etc. It's actually sad because they have privileges, connections and a budget similar to France. This cannot even hold a candle to one of Elle France's weekly issues.

^and if you consider that Elle France publishes in a weekly basis, this is more outrageous!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaanok
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->