US Elle April 2015 : Shailene Woodley by Michael Thompson

I kind of figured one of the mags would have her on their April . Eh.

I do not understand why she's on this cover - or why she's even mentioned in the same sentence as Kristen Stewart, never mind Jennifer Lawrence. This is one person whose appeal is passing me by, and covers like this don't help that impression. Maybe she's sensational on-screen, but I don't think I've ever seen her look good in print, and her magazine features don't motivate me to find out any more about her.

She has a new film out -- A Hunger Games Retread (regardless of which came first) -- which explains the cover. Besides that, I've got nothin'...

She looks like A K-Stew on the cover. The make up and pose are terrible

eww.. the make up made this look like a poster for domestic violence :smile:)) not a good cover at all.

That face...This girl does NOT photograph well. Gorgeous on motion, but awful in pictures. :(

Oh, it's so bad. The styling doesn't fit to her. Hair and make up is really awful. And this colors.. Disaster.

Elle is not worthy of Shailene. She looks like a cross between Kristen Stewart (who I love) and herself on a bad day! :sick:

2015 and this is the only work we get from Michael Thompson these days...completely trashing his legacy. I don't want to live on this planet anymore!

Shailene is just a horror in general for me.

I think that she has a weird smile (too much cheek, maybe) that doesn't photograph well so when they try to 'fix' it with photoshop is a disaster...

That face...This girl does NOT photograph well. Gorgeous on motion, but awful in pictures. :(

Right!
You said it!
There are many actress' who look great in moving pictures but completely fall flat on a page.
Modeling has completely different requirements.
For the most part, actress' make lousy models.
Only a few really do it well.

I cannot understand why people aren't warming to Shailene. I get that she's not conventionally pretty, but she's certainly got a very unique brand. Adorably goofy, funny, intellectual and a talented actress. If Jennifer Lawrence wasn't on the scene, people might actually appreciate Shailene's appeal.

^^ I like her a lot but in recent interviews imo she seems a little pretentious, too granola at times which makes me roll my eyes. Her views on feminism were too ignorant for a supposedly intelligent girl.

This has got to be one of the ugliest covers I've ever seen. So bad it's funny... :rofl:

This girl has yet to impress me. I don't have any other word for this cover than BAD.

the makeup is particularly bad, the eyeshadow! :blink: but the pose is awful too!

Last edited by a moderator:
that makeup just aint suited to that smile it looks very awkward! the inside shot wouldve been better but still her expression s odd. She needs to work on her facial expressions

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->