Paris shopping

so I might be going to Paris soon and I need some tips, where to go if I only have a few days and I'm not loaded. Second hand for great prices, where's Zara and all those stores?
Are there outlets of some sort? Flea markets? Where to eat? Is there something I just have to see when I'm there (non-shopping wise)?

:flower:

Can any body please tell me which is the largest christian Louboutin boutique in Paris? I am hoping to snap up a pair of his mens shoes, does anybody know which store is most likely to stock them?

^and could anybody tell me when does CL go on sale? And if the discounts are good?

Oh! I HAVE to go to Royal Cheese. I'm currently in Paris and I'll stay here for four weeks. I'm looking for some extremely good and CHEAP secondhand stores like Free P star. And where can I buy doc martens boots apart from in the doc martens store and noir kennedy? They don't have black 8-holed boots in my size anywhere!

no sales per se but promotions certainly.

Does anyone know where I can buy Fred Perry in Paris (apart from Noir Kennedy)? I'm looking for their bags and shirts!

Have you tried online Sample Sales?

Hi,

Have you tried online sample sales. I have found several ventes privee online ...

I hope this helps

Yolanda

Last edited by a moderator:
Online Sample Sales

Hi,

Have you tried online sample sales. I have found several online member-only sample sales sites including vente-privee, espace max, Anna Sand & Trendy Bazaar.

I hope this helps

Yolanda

Do Repetto flats or Zizis ever get on sale in Paris shops? I was wondering if they'd be less expensive in France (I live in Canada) since they're less exclusive there.

I'm moving to Paris in Dec and living 30 seconds away from Alaia Stock. Does anyone know if it's good or not? I pretty much love all his shoes :D

I'm going to be in Paris for the months of July and August, but I'm a little concerned about what will be closed down for August. Is it more of the big-name designer shops or the smaller boutiques that close for the time? Is it really as quiet as my mother tells me it will be? :blush:

I am going to Paris for a week in October and I would love a few recommandations.

- What are some nice parks to visit?
- Good places for street style watching?
- Besides the usual H&M, Zara etc., what are some nice stores that aren't too expensive but maybe unique to France?
- Same for vintage shops. Not too expensive but still good finds?
- Or are there any designer surplus or sale-all-year-around stores? A couple of pages back I read about a Repetto store which sells models from previous seasons or like the APC surplus store in Brooklyn. Does anything like this exist in Paris?
- Oh, are Minnetonka Moccasins sold anywhere in Paris? I am especially looking for the Woman's Thunderbird Soft Sole.

I am a student so any recommandations on how to survive in Paris on a low budget would be greatly appreciated!

Forget about the vintage question above, found what I was looking for. Same for the park question. It would be very nice though if I could get answers on my other questions. Thanks.

Hi! Does anone know where to buy the oversize "wayfarers" from Lanvin? Im desperate. lol.

:flower:

Bonjour :smile:

I travel to Paris soon. I already know the vintage stores with designer goods I will visit, most of them have already been mentioned in the thread.

My question is: Is there any risk that they sell fake goods? And if, how big is the risk?
I'm particularly looking after vintage Chanel bags!

When in January do the official sales start? Would it be a good idea, in terms of shopping, to go around the 19th?

^dates for sales haven't been decided officially yet but will surely start around Jan 7th or 14th. So coming to Paris around the 19th is a safe bet.

^^ I ended up getting plane tickets for the 15th of January.. so hopefully I'll be there just in time to make a few finds :P

Thanks for the quick reply :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->