Paris shopping

thanks for all the tips girls, I'll be sure to write them down and check these places

also thanks fashionista for the addresses, i'll check them out BUT marina rinaldi, we had that in italy as well, and her clothes are soooo old fashioned, at least the ones I've found in italy, maybe paris has a better selection? Hope so!

^ I've never seen Marina Rinaldi in person ... a few of the runway pix have looked pretty decent.

PS If you're a US 12, I think you should be able to wear Max Mara ... but it may not be your style. I have a skirt I quite like ...

Last edited by a moderator:
my bf is currently in Paris and I've asked him to get me Angelique de Paris bangles, does anyone know where you can get them in Paris?

i'm going to be in France for about 7 weeks this summer, i was wondering if anyone knew the dates of the big summer sales? thanks!!

Summer sales should start on Wednesday June 24th 2009

does anyone know a good place to buy very good high quality fabric in Paris/Italy?

I'm going to be in paris a couple weeks into the sales, will there be anything left worth shopping for? Does Hermes participate in this?

Help in paris first time looking for something different fun and up and coming i can still wear in states?

Oh is the Lucky magazine Paris shopping feature available anywhere?

Does Paris have sample/studio sales like in NYC?

Im going to paris in august for a few days.
Can anyone recommend some good vintage stores &/ or markets? plus if you know whether they sell classic YSL or chanel pieces that would be a bonus!

I just wanted to quickly thank all of you who have contributed with great tips in this thread. I was just in Paris and went to several of the recommended places, and found some really nice stuff! Especially at Free'p'star.
And, a tip from me to those of you who are going there: COS in Paris should not be missed!

Where are the best vintage shops / markets in Paris?

I just moved to Paris recently and have been told it has the world's biggest vintage and antiques market, as well as tons of smaller vintage markets and shops, but I have no idea where to start looking. Does anyone know the names or locations of some I can go find?

Etsy, grrr I can't remember exactly which street but it has lots of cute little vintage shops. I asked my husband too where we had that not-very-moroccan food but he doesn't remember, Gerard Depardieu lives there, and it was a 10 minute walk from where we lived...aaarrr!
Cherche-midi near metro duroc/vaneau or some other street near sevres-lecourbe...?
....I'm a lot of help, I know.........

otherwise in the marais there are quite a few vintage stores, and Kiliwatch has a vintage section. If you want serious antique market, you can always go to the ever popular porte de clignancourt, just if you make it through it cheap-as-balls-santee-alley section (with seriously vendors trying to grab your balls), then there's the good stuff in the antique section.

You know that nothing special that you can find Gucci, Prada and etc. in Paris because you can find same things all other the world.
But I can tell you my fav places in Paris:
Anne Willi boutique on rue Keller
Isabel Marant on rue de Charonne
Garrice (shoes store) on rue St Antoine
Saoya bijoux on rue de Rennes(also you can find great bijoux in Marais)
+I love Le Bon Marche, A.P.C., Sandro, the Kooples and
I'm in love with Jean-Charles de Castelbajac boutique on rue Vauvilliers, it's a wonderful place!

Does anyone Knows when the summer sales in Paris will start, this year?. I need to take a friday off from work for an extended weekend, and i need to tell my boss soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->