Pastels : Faded Technicolor S/S 07

em 692 said:
HBoogie- faded wall paper colors is a great description! :lol: ...i hope you meant that in a good way...:innocent:
Oh, yeah, I did. I'm especially reminded of faded wallpaper when these colors anchor delicate floral prints or subtle, traditional-looking patterns.

That said, I will be admiring this trend from afar, mostly, as faded colors look awful on my fair, slightly sallow skin. A little bit of faded blush pink or peach is about all I can manage.

Last edited by a moderator:
im planning on using this pallette as my spring inspiration, while mixing it with leftovers from fall...........

I love this. not only the tones but the patterns and cuts they're accompanied by.

pastel colors from Alberta Ferretti S/S 07 collection.this is one of the trends that i'll definitely stick to this summer^_^

style.com

Thanks for posting those! I love it; I especially like the purple-greyish and the blue, but I look like someone threw me up in that minty green.

i am so in love with the mint greens and lemon yellows! thanks for posting those pics too ^_^

i just had a thought that these colours remind me of that colorisation process that ted turner began doing to old black and white films some years ago...
where they paint the colour onto the film...
they do it with old b/w photos as well...

but you can always see the grey coming through, so the colour is never very vibrant or saturated...and it almost feels 'see-through...'

so there is always a hint of black in the colours...
if you tried to mix these colours i think you would find that they all have a bit of black in them.....
which makes them sort of sober and serious...
rather than silly or childish (as pastels can so often be)

****no bubble gum here...

:P

nicely pointed out softgrey....thats why i called the thread "faded technicolor" because it reminds me of the old movies i love so dearly. they're advertised all excitedly as TECHNICOLOR, but there's always a non-realistic, somewhat somber mood to them.......:flower:

Oh dear,
I am in LOVE with pastels
They're just so british, its like backlash from the nu rave scene thank god
Its very 'darjeeling weak with one sugar lovey'
:heart:
xxxxx

Yes I was going to say that! It's anti new rave which is so good and refreshing to see!

Yeah, I've never liked pastels either. But I agree these are different. I think Soft got it right. It seems as though they are rather transparent, and I see some grey in them as well.

For once I can actually see myself wearing pastels.
I really liked the colors at Alberta Ferretti.
:heart:

I have a Pistachio City Balenciaga bag, and I'm looking forward to wear it in the spring with greys and navy. I think it's a really fresh idea.

great trendspotting and a precise way of describing this at the title :heart:

regardless that i wont wear this myself ,
the trend was predicted as 'sunbleached' and it came up strong at the catwalks

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate pastels. I'm soooo not having a good skintone for it. It brings the dead in me above!

Argh I know it really doesnt suit me and I don't have the patience/insanity to use fake tan. I really like this trend though! Sick of dark colours!!! Bring on the Spring!

I love the idea of this!
Will be looking out for pieces in cream yellow, lilac.. or mint green to wear with my grey pieces left over from winter come spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julovw
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->