Paul Harnden Shoemaker and more...

UA used to carry his stuff. and that was the best place, size & color-wise. unfortunately they dropped it. I think the prices are the same wherever you go.

Barneys and Space will certainly have spring stuff. maybe Journal Standard as well.
I like Space best.
the items coming out this spring are (as far as I know:(

cotton knit (cardigan, shirt and henley neck sweater)
mushroom print cotton shirt
silk shirt
silk pull over
plaid suit (light yellow/light purple, purple/black)
linen double-breasted jacket with stripes (named artist jkt)
cotton short coat (named raincoat, in red & black)
and so on

maybe I mentioned sarrouel pants only in relation to CDG homme plus A/W 04, if I remember rightly.

I had thought Space was only used clothing?

Here are some other Hardnen pictures from previous collections I have found.

raijin said:
I had thought Space was only used clothing?
no
it's one of the best stores here in Tokyo, in my opinion.

thanks for the pictures

I will be sure to go check out space and journal standard,

do you happen to know the address?

Thx Runner and Raijin, the pieces you posted are gorgeous, I really must look into those!

Its a bit funny, I was talking to one of the staff at IF and they said that the fans of Harnden are comparable to a cult. They all rush in the day of arrival and take the best pieces. I guess having around only 15 retailers world-wide or less creates this situation.

you are welcome Arturo

extract from IHT
While names like CP Company and Prada are leaders in the technological field, sometimes the level of fabric research and innovation is far less obvious. A focus on fabric has long been the selling point of L'Eclaireur fashion boutiques in Paris. That, mixed with a desire for exclusivity, has brought together a number of little-known pioneers in the fabrication of clothing. Take the Canadian-born and British-based designer Paul Harnden. His ground-breaking work with Irish linen means that he can produce only 400 to 500 pieces per year. Thus the patterns change little, the fabrics take a starring role - linen woven as wool worsted, as cotton, as dense and shiny silk. The look, though lovingly tailored, is always creased and wrinkled.

runner...are you part of this cult?...*wink*...

location of PH

anyone know of Paul Harnden's contact info in brighton?

well..i looked at the pieces at IF today...
i didn't realize he also did women's ...
HOOP SKIRTS!!!...

now i understand...the jackets were cut so that the collar was flipped up and buttoned high and then cut away at the bottom...and the linen had raw wool woven through it sometimes...very romantic and of another time...

i also saw some acessories..including a cap that i loved...it was a civil war uniform cap...or at least it was a replica of one...but it was $400...boo!!

well...i had seen the hat before and loved it...but i'm kind of bad with names so i didn't realize it was him...:lol:...

it's still not for me...but i like it in general...yes...:flower:

linen long jkt from S/S 04

s-336.jpg

womens shoes

20010421_05.jpg
20010421_06.jpg

Paul Harnden & his atelier

"自然" pinned on the wall in the background means "nature". that's one of the main factors behind his work. it is said that his shoes will completely return to soil in six months if buried. I don't know.

tweed jkt from A/W 02

Last edited by a moderator:
^Absolutely. Very interesting. Thanks, Runner. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtletulip413
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->