Paul Harnden Shoemaker and more...

hi runner,
thnx so much for all the info, your sharing.
I ve noticed the picture in your profile, very inspirational...

I think we should start a whole thread about this new feeling wich is taking more and more place in modern aesthetics. Dont u think? There are so many threads already, Im a newbie here i wouldnt want to start something unless people share the love.

im making my research. Trying to connect photografy, art history or even texts.

sayan

dear runner,

so do you have more info on paul harnden? from things such as full catalog/images of his collections to scope of his work to make of his atelier, background, etc?

He often buries his shoes for one year before selling them.

raijin said:
He often buries his shoes for one year before selling them.
:shock: :blink: :lol: Interesting concept...certainly something I'd never think of doing if I made clothing/shoes. Imagine if Karl buried the Chanel haute couture dresses for a year before the show.

That would be really interesting, I think.

Maybe if I become a rich man I'll try it..:lol:

AlexN said:
Imagine if Karl buried the Chanel haute couture dresses for a year before the show.
they'd look great.

i thought that some of the carpe diem stuff was buried...
is this a new trend...?...

AlexN said:
:shock: :blink: :lol: Interesting concept...certainly something I'd never think of doing if I made clothing/shoes. Imagine if Karl buried the Chanel haute couture dresses for a year before the show.

Maybe Karl should start by burying himself.

Sybarite said:
Maybe Karl should start by burying himself.

I don't think the soil could tolerate his acidity , it's already got acid rain to contend with !!! :lol:

hi sayan, thank you
I'm sure people here will share, whether the founder of the thread is new or not, if it is interesting. and I would like to participate if I can be of any help.

hi surver, when I find those I'll post them as soon as possible.

you are welcome AlexN, sayan

thanks runner. i'm really curious about this paul harnden dude.

softgrey said:
i thought that some of the carpe diem stuff was buried...
is this a new trend...?...

I think it's all to do with the ' luxury ' artisanal thing that Tom Ford blathered on about in Paris at some conference for luxury goods manufacturers a couple of years ago . He maintained that high - end consumers are demanding unique , artisan - made pieces that they are unlikely to see others wearing , carrying etc etc .

For Ford this meant Gucci mtm suits for men and bespoke Alexander McQueen suits tailored by Huntsman , the most expensive bespoke tailors on Savile Row .

For people like Mauritzio Altieri , Luca Laurini of Label Under Construction , Carol Christian Poell and Vincenzo de Cottis of Haute , this ' artisanal ' quality is achieved by experiminting with textiles , leather , knit etc , to achieve a unique quality that is time consuming , labour intensive and usually prohibitively expensive .

The point to remember is that Hussein Chalayan began the ' bury it in the soil for 6 months ' technique in his graduation collection at Central St. Martins College , and I have my suspicion that even he was plagiarising ideas of Martin Margiela and the other deconstructionists .

This ' fashion kick ' reached its ludicrous apotheosis at the high - end in the ludicrously expensive ' destroyed ' jeans by Hedi Slimane at Dior Homme . Hundreds of pounds for jeans that could have been found after 150 years down the bottom of a gold mine in the far west of the USA , treated by hand in Japan to look like Skid Row throwoffs .

It's obviously a youth kick , judging by the vehemence with which some youthful members of TFS defend their favourite exclusive ' objet trouve ' designers .

It's all a bit beyond me , and certainly my pocket , but perhaps this IS the future and soon EVERYONE will dress like a hobo or bag-lady . :innocent:

here are some P. Harnden shoes,
I am fascinated by the Louis shoes..really amazing weathering treatments too.

Thanks for the pics , Sayan :flower:

These shoes are ok . but I would prefer a pair of bespoke ones from John Lobb , London , for whom Paul Harnden used to work as one of their craftsman - cobblers - shoemakers ..........:innocent:

Dear kit,

C Diem should have started quite a few years before Chalayan's graduation.

I guess its debatable then who did it first.

I believe C Diem officially started a year or so after his graduation, but Altieri was already working with leathers. (he started chrome hearts).

in this light, wasn't rei kawakubo boiling wool to alterate tailored form like ions ago? and issey miyake's various experiments with fabric and the body, etc...

seriously...

i think that deconstruction is enjoying a sort of renaissance lately...but anyone who is old enough or has done the research will realize that it is certainly not a new concept...

if anything...i think this is at least the second generation of designers working this way...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtletulip413
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->