Perfume buys that were just WRONG?

QuirkyCool

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been asked;don't find it in a search anyway,but have you ever bought a perfume thinking it smelt good in the store,only to HATE it once you got it home/couldn't get it out of your clothes/etc?And then subsequently never used it?

I had a very bad perfume period at the beginning of last year and the evidence is STIL on my bathroom shelf...I bought,then rejected:

1)Sicily by Dolce and Gabbana (initially fresh but later way too sharp and cloying,got into all my wool clothes and took many washes to erase all traces).

2) Hugo Boss Deep Red ...just too strong a fragrance,no and odour,for me..

3) Gucci Eau de Parfum II In itself a lovely fragrance,but nothing really special.I got bored a third of the way through the 50ml bottle,and the rest is still standing on the bathroom shelf.Will start using it to gym when my Ralph Lauren Blue finishes though:smile:

4) Anna Sui Dolly Girl....nothing wrong with the fragrance;fresh and floral/fruity and green...but stopped using it after the summer and haven't gone back.Also half a bottle left,also in line for gym use :lol:

5) Bulgari...I forget which one by Bulgari..it's the small,squarish clear bottle..also a LOT sweeter once I'd brought it home,than I thought it was the day I tried it on.

Anyway,these days I contain my need for instant gratification,get a tester tube first,wear it for a couple of days and then decide!!

I LOVE Marc Jacobs,the eponymous one and Marc Jacons Blush right now...but there IS a thread for this already:smile:

:flower:

REALM!! Ugh! I dont know who its by but its supposed to have pherimones in it. It doesnt smell good at all.

I dont like J'adore by Dior.

MY FAVE is Christian Dior Addict!! my mom had a guy follow her in the store to ask her what it was...I was like if that can happen to my mom IM BUYING IT!

last christmas i spluged on a bottle of no 1 from clive christian. i was gutted to find later it turned slighty sweet and artificial on me after an hour or so. still at least the bottle looks pretty on the shelf

I don't buy perfume, which is probably just WRONG!! However, my mom wears a brand called "Paris" and I have always thought it smelled like piss, so don't get that one!! :lol: :lol:

She also wears Halston, which I don't believe they make anymore, but that smells wonderful!!!

Curious said:
I don't buy perfume, which is probably just WRONG!! However, my mom wears a brand called "Paris" and I have always thought it smelled like piss, so don't get that one!! :lol: :lol:

She also wears Halston, which I don't believe they make anymore, but that smells wonderful!!!

LMBO @ Piss!!!!! HA HA HA!!!!!!!!:woot: :lol: :lol: :woot: :lol: :lol:

It changes every season... for summer; it's Michael Kors's new fragrance, Island.

fresh and summery, yet not fruity;

Ooops. Omit that last message; That was a GOOD fragrance. I meant to write that last message in a different thread.

A "just WRONG" perfume would be more like: Curious, by Britany Spears. And all of J.Lo's fragrances. Or any perfume designed by someone whose main source of income is from the entertainment industry.

Anyone have Stella's perfume? I rubbed it on my wrist from a magazine.. and it smelled nice.. but i'm scared once I buy a bottle of it, I'll hate it!

Luna said:
Anyone have Stella's perfume? I rubbed it on my wrist from a magazine.. and it smelled nice.. but i'm scared once I buy a bottle of it, I'll hate it!
You should ask Mettchen, I seem to recall she wrote that that was her new favorite perfume..and Kimair as well..:flower:

Fortunately I've never bought any fragrances that I regret for. I would however, never buy fragrances that were released by random fashion brands just so they could raise their income. There's only FEW designers that actually have the goods to release quality fragrances.

Luna said:

I have that one too...it is lovely but for me,not an every day fragrance.I wear it out at night sometimes,or just whenever the mood gets me.And then I really enjoy it.But I find it too strong to be my regular perfume (that would be the Marc Jacobs Essence:smile: )

A "just WRONG" perfume would be more like: Curious, by Britany Spears. And all of J.Lo's fragrances. Or any perfume designed by someone whose main source of income is from the entertainment industry.

I have Curious and i actually think it smells really good..
but anyways, I was seeing ads for the Dessert by Jessica Simpson line everywhere so I asked for it for Christmas and its so sweet and ugh its not even perfume. The only thing its good for is carrying in your purse to freshen your breath...:huh:

ok just a tip for when you buy your boyfriend or brother or whoever...colonge.....

NEVER BUY SWISS ARMY!!!!IT SMELLS AUWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ralph Lauren - Romance : The whole bottle leaked in my bag! One of the glass corners chipped - don't ask me how! I cannot stand the smell now, It makes me feel physically ill!

Luna said:

Same question here! It smelt gorgeous in the sample. How much is it?

YSL M7, on the little test strip at Sephora it was heaven, I couldnt get enough of it. I bought it and sprayed it on, I couldn't stand it. Two sprays and in an hour I was overwhelmed, misting it in the air and walking through it would be too much for me to handle. It just doesn't work with my body chemistry (now I know to do a test spray). I gave it to my cousin who loves it, didnt go to waste.

I want Kouros but Im afraid that It'll pull an M7 on me...

not exactly a perfume, but i bought the burberry london body lotion (after i bought the regualr perfume), totally bad. i'm not a fan of lotion, i really don't know why i bought it. but it's just a really weird smell to me. one of my friends really liked it so i just gave it to her.

I bought clinique happy YEARSSSS ago and it was HORRIBLE! It had an acidy smell and ughhh...NEVER again.

I think Paris is YSL and I personally LOVE it...?? All about personal taste I guess :wink:

Luna said:

God I love that scent... :heart: :heart: :heart:

I dislike...any Versace fragrance so far...j'adore Dior...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clubmissy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->