Perfume buys that were just WRONG?

azzura azzaro. in my defense I will say though that I didn't buy it, I got it as a present for some occasion.
Pure poison out of a bottle smells on me a lot different than the sample of it I had. I don't dislike it, but it smells more casual than I expected based on the sample.

ShOe GaL 19 said:
I bought clinique happy YEARSSSS ago and it was HORRIBLE! It had an acidy smell and ughhh...NEVER again.

Yes!! A distant relative of mine thought it was a good idea for a Christmas present. "Happy" makes me sneeze and teary!
:doh:

How can I forget? My very first perfume was Estee Lauder's beautiful:doh: Granted,it gave me many happy hours of wear when I was 14,but when I smell it now....:sick:

Diorling said:
YSL M7, on the little test strip at Sephora it was heaven, I couldnt get enough of it. I bought it and sprayed it on, I couldn't stand it. Two sprays and in an hour I was overwhelmed, misting it in the air and walking through it would be too much for me to handle. It just doesn't work with my body chemistry (now I know to do a test spray). I gave it to my cousin who loves it, didnt go to waste.

I want Kouros but Im afraid that It'll pull an M7 on me...

Kouros is MANLY. You could cut coffin nails with the stuff...

Diorling said:
YSL M7, on the little test strip at Sephora it was heaven, I couldnt get enough of it. I bought it and sprayed it on, I couldn't stand it. Two sprays and in an hour I was overwhelmed, misting it in the air and walking through it would be too much for me to handle. It just doesn't work with my body chemistry (now I know to do a test spray). I gave it to my cousin who loves it, didnt go to waste.

I want Kouros but Im afraid that It'll pull an M7 on me...

i don+t know if you have tried kouros but i tried that new version of it, kouros sport at a dutty free and in my skin it smells like toilette cleaner to me :yuk: , and m7, beautiful bottle and ugly smell :D

adorefaith said:
I think Paris is YSL and I personally LOVE it...?? All about personal taste I guess :wink:

i loooove it too :heart: , great perfume, very feminine :heart: , and i love the bottle too

always try on a perfume in the store and walk away from it for a hour or so - go shopping for something else and come back later. that will give your nose time to adjust, give the perfume time to settle so you can smell the deeper layers of the scent, and let your own chemistry react with it so you don't get any surprises.

unfortunately, "coco" by chanel turns awful on me in hot weather. i love it in normal circumstances, but in this desert climate as it vaporizes it smells like cheap perfume, and god knows chanel ain't cheap, so...

Luna said:
Anyone have Stella's perfume? I rubbed it on my wrist from a magazine.. and it smelled nice.. but i'm scared once I buy a bottle of it, I'll hate it!

I did the same thing.....thats funny. I now have the perfume and body cream! Go buy it! It's amazing!

QuirkyCool said:
How can I forget? My very first perfume was Estee Lauder's beautiful:doh: Granted,it gave me many happy hours of wear when I was 14,but when I smell it now....:sick:

That's how I feel about Anais Anais..the first perfume my mom bought me.....and then I feel like that about Calyx by Perscriptives....:sick:

Has anyone tried DKNY Be Delicious? The apple scent just didn't do it for me.

bellatrix said:
Has anyone tried DKNY Be Delicious? The apple scent just didn't do it for me.

i did try it, and i found i liked the men's version much better! the women's was too fruity, in an artifical way, where the men's was more organic. i like chyphre and woody oriental scents a lot, though.

Lolita Lempicka - GORGEOUS bottle....horrid horrid sickly smell.
I also dislike the burberry perfume I bought, gahstly fragrance that manages to be strong and bland all at the same time - reminds me of 50yr old tory idiots.
:D

Fred Heyman Beverly Hills.

You know 'Cutter' the insect spray that's kind of like 'Off'?

QuirkyCool said:

Hahahahaha yeah I had a small bottle of that at 14 too it's terrible now!! Other perfumes I can't stand anymore are Cool Water for women and Tommy Girl... Eeek I'm getting a headache thinking about it

Chanel No. 5 starts off okay but starts to smell horrid on me after just 10 minutes. I ran from the perfume counter and straight to the bathroom to wash my wrist.

Happy by Clinique. I used to be CRAZY about it but after a while it just started smelling so nastyly floral.
Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfinger. I don't know ... yikes.
J'Adore by Dior. A lovely fragrance actually but not my style, too elegant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MicheleO
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->