Perms

Lately I've been thinking about getting a perm. My hair is so limp and blah, and totally lacks volume, so I was thinking maybe a perm would help.

Can anybody provide some pros and cons to perms? My hope is to have wavy, pretty hair that SJP/Carrie sported while on Sex and the City. I will post a pic later. :flower:

You can get modern perms now that a. aren't as harsh and b.don't give you that sort of overly tight 80's look. Just sort of lazy waves/curls sort of how the olsen twins used to have their hair....but i think if you are going to do that sort of thing you have to be sure to go to the right hairdresser.

I merged the two perm threads. :flower:

Erin said:
Lately I've been thinking about getting a perm. My hair is so limp and blah, and totally lacks volume, so I was thinking maybe a perm would help.

Can anybody provide some pros and cons to perms? My hope is to have wavy, pretty hair that SJP/Carrie sported while on Sex and the City. I will post a pic later. :flower:

I'm not sure if it's available in the US, but in UK, Loreal Professionnel have come up with a semi-permanent wave treatment called Synchrone Soft Wave. It lasts up to 3 months and can be done on coloured/treated hair. It's available in loadsa London salons now and is not pricey either...about £40 ($75).
soft_wave_after_231_231.jpg
beach_wave_after_231_231.jpg

sultry_wave_after_231_231.jpg

The three different kind of waves Loreal claim to be able to create with Synchrone. I think the first one looks a lot like the Carrie look that Erin was describing!

I personally just use my GHD's to clamp my hair into curls since I like it straight most of the time and only want it curly/wavy once a week.

I think my dad used to get that^ if used with short hair it helps if hair grows in unwanted direction

and no way I'm ever getting a perm again. I've had two and last one was afro..

I have used perms since i was little and it makes my hair very managable and straight i love them.So i really recommend perms!:flower:

Sonja

sonjanicky29 said:
it makes my hair very managable and straight
Sonja

Maybe you're thinking of something else...? :unsure: :wink:

Erin said:
Maybe you're thinking of something else...? :unsure: :wink:
Hmm i think what it is is that i'm talking about the perms that make your hair straight wereas they are thinking of the ones that make y our hair curly

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->