tiamaria said:
I curk my hair using tongs
heated rollers
or ghds
or bed head spray
or just let it dry nateraly and srunch with mouse

im a bit of a curl freak at the moment, getting obsessed with curling products

alright that sounds good but what are ghd's and where can i get them

ghd strighteners, they are long and thin so you also use them to curl hair with they are about £100 so about $200, you can get them from lots of places just google it. I got myn from miss groovey

what are GHDs? wow, where do you live? they are ultra slim ceramic straightening irons, GHD is the brand as there are many copies nowerdays but they were the originals. they are pricey at about £95 (UK) but probably the best investment for your hair you will ever find! (no kidding, im not sure how i ever went out the house before them :D )but i guess you could use other types of straighteners, the only thing is GHDs are super hot and keep the curl (esp with a bit of product before)

Antonia xxx

Soft shiny curls - How to get them ?

I simply love this hairstyle. I've asked so many people how to get them and
they keep giving me advice on things that " might work " but to
my dissapointment they didn't !

Anyone who can tell me how to get this look ? :wink:

My bet :

Kate Hudson : When the hair is damp/almost dry you take sections of hair and wrap it around your fingers, adding a tinny abount of low-hold hair styling product, that'll leave the hair soft and not stiff..I don't think hairdriers are involved..they tend to frizz the hair imo..

Chloe S. : Larger than life Carmen Curlers

If you hair is naturally curly or wavy all these hairstyles should be do-able.

I say curlers, I know they are not used as much as a blow drier, but they totally work, and your hair will dry naturally instead of with added heat...

i have long hair...that i curl all the time.

for the chloe S. look , i do this to my hair quite often. i have a layered cut, which falls to the middle of my back, which helps. i pull my hair back into a ponytail ( high ponytail not low ) and put the hair in medium/large sized rollers, rolling large sections of the ponytail to the hair elastic. i keep it in overnight, so the look will last all day ( the following day) with out using any styling product. when i first undo the rollers the curls are short, and there is at least 4 to 5 inchs of hair that isnt curled , but has big volume from being pulled back. i let the curls fall, by brushing , usually after 20 minutes, the curls /style is perfect.

for the kate H look, just use a 1 inch curling iron and wrap 1 inch pieces of hair starting below the ear around the barrel of the curling iron and hold for about 20 secs.

this works for me...i hope this was a little help :blush:

This only 'might work'! But if you've naturally wavy long hair, that isn't very thick, all you need to do is put it in a ponytail and twirl it around in your finger. The whole ponytail should then just look like one big ringlet and when it dries you just separate it and have lots of curls. Like those above. At least that's what I do all the time, but my hair is fine and wavy so I may just be an exception. :ninja:

Good luck anyway!

what if you dont want to straighten your hair all the time because i have wavy hair but want some body and a little cury to it but not rings of curles?

ive wanted to know this too, what is a good brand of curling tong that would effectivly get this look? I have quite thick hair (lots of thin strands)

Curly Hairstyles

hairbysallybrooks1carolhayesmanagementcoia8.jpg
hrstylingchachachahirlookdk02aq5.png

LEFT: carolhayesmanagement.co.uk RIGHT: hairlook.dk

I need help! I recently got hair curlers but after playing around with them a few times, I'm still having problems with getting it right. My hair is naturally semi-curly. I'm wondering if anyone has tips for getting right. Should I straighten my hair first? Are there any products I should be using with my hair (I use mousse and hair spray now). Any tips would be appreciated!

Hey. Don't straighten your hair first. Curlers work much better on the natural wave of your hair. It's much harder to curl straight hair than it is to curl wavy hair.
I have naturally curly hair and so use rollers sometimes. I use curl defining mousse when it's wet and blow dry it, then whack the rollers in and leave it to cool. Take the rollers out, and finger/tease the curls. I then finish with a bit more mousse....

you im not looking for a cute dolly hair curl
or some volumized curl

something low-key like this:
Cobra1.jpg

and this:
Cobra3.jpg

photobucket.

how do i get this?!

Dylan. photobucket does not qualify as credit. Please post proper credits for the pictures or they will have to be deleted.

You can read more about crediting do's and don'ts here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->