Curly Hairstyles - Making Curls

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
worthy.gif

being slightly bored with (my) straight hair,
and all the straight looks around
only too glad to find this little article in fuk..

seems like we had enough of flatness, frizz & curls are back
and i'm just jumping on the new hair trend for ss04 :heart:

The frizz fringe
Some of us have become so reliant on hair straighteners, that we can barely leave the house without them. While straighteners have come a long way and banished the need for anyone to iron their hair anymore, it could be time for you to go cold turkey and kick the habit. This season's happening hair is all about fashionable frizz. From 70s Ossie Clarke looks, to shaggy style perms, British hairdressers are making curls. For sound advice on how to get some DIY curls, drop by Charles Worthington's website for detailed instructions on how to achieve casually curvy hair as well as big, bouncy curls. Charles likes using thongs, but old fashioned, regular rollers are also making a bit of a comeback. If you've got Carmen Heated Rollers then you're on course for soft and shaggy curl heaven - if you want some, Amazon has some secondhand ones for just £15.

opinions?

i personally love longish wavy hair!!! :blush:

its the most feminine look i can think of
even though i got real short hair myself B)

i like waves and frizz and always have, but i don't have the patience to spent that much time on my hair...plus...i don't want to subject my boyfriend to seeing me like that in bed...not very sexy... :lol:

i'm lucky that my hair has some natural wave and the layers i have "encourage the curl" :flower:

going to try those simple wave tricks soon and i'll let you know how it works
(my hair is at least 15cm pass shoulderlength so it must work quite well)
i can always surf the web or work on my laptop while waiting for my hair to 'get curly' :lol:

I love curly hair! From those images of Dietrich with her perfectly coiffed 40's style to someone like Samantha Morton with her adorable bob.

And why is it there isn't many curly haired girls in fashion these days?

i also am hopping on the bandwagon and going for a more "natural wavy" look (with a lot of work :rolleyes: ). i just got my haircut and i kept it straight because i still like to iron my hair when i'm in a punky mood, but i think i'll introduce some layers into my next cut. of course, by the time i do that, curls will be out again :rolleyes:

My hair takes a curl well. If it weren't for my habit of riding my bicycle to work, I would do my hair in curls more often, but curls and a bike helmet are not compatible, especially for those of us who have to sleep on curlers the night before.

One thing that works great for me to get lots and lots of tiny, tight, boingy curls is to cut strips of newspaper, roll them up into tubes about the thickness of a pencil, and roll my hair up on those newspaper tubes and tie the ends closed. It is more comfortable than traditional rollers and it makes some gorgeous curls. I find that using a light-hold gel is the best curl setter. It looks very natural and will last for several days if you don't wash your hair and if you don't do things like sock a hat on or wear a bike helmet. Also, don't comb or brush the curls, just arrange them with your fingers. Otherwise, you will have hair as wide as your shoulders, and frizzzzzzz, not nice, defined curls. But that's pretty much common sense.

Sometimes I will brush out my curls after a couple of days, and get really big hair like Kelis! It feels so awesome and floaty.

I love curls. They're so feminine and gentle :heart:

Originally posted by mishahoi@Mar 28th, 2004 - 2:59 am
of course, by the time i do that, curls will be out again :rolleyes:
i think curls (more in a messy kind of home made way - no real curlers) are far too fresh to expire too soon.

do you think it might be hard to get for one length hair? :unsure:
i only have a little layering framing my face, rest is one length.
should i layer? i hope not :ninja:

I think you should be fine with one length hair Lena - just differ the tightness of the curls to add dimension and the 'feel' of layers :heart:

i've curly hair... and to think I was this close *holds fingers an inch apart* to getting that japanese hair straightening thing done.

i look so young with my curls though. I got carded yesterday to go into an R rated movie... and all my little brother's friends (aged 15) keep hitting on me. DAMNIT! I'm OLD! Lemme alone!

Originally posted by Belowen@Mar 28th, 2004 - 10:03 am
I think you should be fine with one length hair Lena - just differ the tightness of the curls to add dimension and the 'feel' of layers :heart:
thanks belowen, :flower:
i should give them a try next weekend and let you know how it went

Can't wait to hear about it Lena :flower:

Hair!

c231c4f2.jpg

how does she get her hair like that? whenever i try to get my curls to stick they frizz, but hers are so perfect, like waves.

can you get that with hot rollers or something?!

help!

alright girls heres the deal...

i have like crimpy/slightly-ringlet curly hair but the thing is..is that my curls start at the root..so its not like its straight at my roots and it gradually gets curly. but im constantly straightening my hair (i wont even go out in public with my hair curly...except at school--which is an all girls high school)

so my m ain point is: how can i like like a slight wave...kind of like mk and ashley wave you know. i was thinking that the best way to do it was to straighten it first then try to do the curling from there? what do you think..

elysek1672 said:

i have like crimpy/slightly-ringlet curly hair but the thing is..is that my curls start at the root..so its not like its straight at my roots and it gradually gets curly. but im constantly straightening my hair (i wont even go out in public with my hair curly...except at school--which is an all girls high school)

so my m ain point is: how can i like like a slight wave...kind of like mk and ashley wave you know. i was thinking that the best way to do it was to straighten it first then try to do the curling from there? what do you think..
Hi elysekkkkk1672 :flower:

I've moved this thread to Skin & Hair Care.

You might want to have a look at some of these threads:

Straight Hair : http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3178

Wavy Hair

How do you get hair like that ? http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2869

Waves : http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4724

or...

Good Hair Straightening Products?: http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6149

Ga.ma Hair Straighteners http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6337

elysek1672 said:

hey hun i think i have a similar sort of thing going on. what i do is straighten my hair to get rid of the bulk, then use my straighteners (GHDs) to curl it. sounds random but straighten each section and twist your hair round the straighteners, hold for about ten seconds then untwist. the result is yummy ringlety waves, takes a while to do the whole hair but well worth the effort:wink:

Antonia said:
hey hun i think i have a similar sort of thing going on. what i do is straighten my hair to get rid of the bulk, then use my straighteners (GHDs) to curl it. sounds random but straighten each section and twist your hair round the straighteners, hold for about ten seconds then untwist. the result is yummy ringlety waves, takes a while to do the whole hair but well worth the effort:wink:

oohokay..what are GHD curlers? you lost me there..but it sounds like it makes sense!! haha:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->