Curly Hairstyles - Making Curls

My favourite styling product is Sebastian Professional's "Texturizer" (it's actually a liquid gel of sorts), it's great for extracting curls you don't naturally have in your hair. Also, L'Oréal Professionnel's "Full Volume Mouse" works great for this, creating curls and volume. At least on my hair...

Last edited by a moderator:
My hair is somewhere between wavy and straight, quite temperamental. so if I wash and let my hair dry naturally and put a light leave in conditioner through it, I end up with this kind of hair:

wavy-hair-styles-11.jpg.w300h341.jpg

(credit: outa-control.tripod.com)

Hmm perhaps a bit messier... while that look is great for everyday, I really love big bouncy glossy curls when I go to events, like this:

PanteneCurl2.jpg

(credit: mariamenounosonline.com)

But I can never do it at home by myself... it's never as glossy, or as soft... not as perfect as the salons can do it. I'd dearly love to know how to do it though, help!

My hair goes naturally curly, but I never learned how to manage it. It's such a hassle to get them neat and stay neat. You can't even brush them or you'll get an afro. Luckily mine just goes wavy if I comb it while it's drying, but it's still puffy.

Does anyone have any curly hairstyles for men? They seem hard to find..

They ARE hard to find! I managed to find one half decent one...
Curly01.jpg

(from about.com)

Hmm perhaps a bit messier... while that look is great for everyday, I really love big bouncy glossy curls when I go to events

The best way to get big bouncy curls is to use rag curlers like As you like it reccomended. I'd reccomend adding a bit of gel to damp hair before using the curlers, and then just sleeping on them.

Here is a good link that shows you how to make and use them. :flower:

Bump!

I sleep in curlers... that's the only way my hair takes a curl.

I remember my senior prom disaster... I went to the salon with my normal straight hair, and they could NOT get my hair to keep a curl with heat.. I went with half straight, half-curled hair. Disaster.

I wear my hair up most of the time, but it always looks like a bit of an updo with it curled and up.. love it that way. :heart:

my hair is such a mess right now. one day i'll wash it and when it dries it will just be these really pretty curls, then the next day it's just a sad sight. i've never tried the heated curlers, they seem tricky, aren't hard to get in cause they're warm??

i might just by the normal ones and do like you erin, just sleep in them. are you talking about the ones that are in two parts, one you roll the hair onto and then the other to fasten it? which ones are the best?

can anyone recommend good curling tongs for long hair, something with a large barrel?
i'm quite happy to pay highly for them as i've tried many different brands and none of them hold a curl for anything longer than a couple of minutes. i have old curling tongs that hold a curl for hours (the brand now sells home appliances), but the barrel is very thin and only creates very tight curls and i'd love something that could give me looser bigger curls. i've tried heated rollers and sadly they don't work either.

i've got wavy hair, but i was just wondering if anyone knows any good shampoo and conditioners to bring out waves in your hair? i've been using bed head moisture maniac and my hair just seems to be drying shapeless without its natural waves!

carysss, you should try the be curly curl enhancer by aveda. it's not a shampoo nor a conditioner but it really does bring out your waves and curls.

aveda has conditioner and shampoo for curly hair, too, but I haven't tried either.

Anyone have any tricks on making curls stay in place?

I curl my hair but everything just gets bunched up. I'd like to curl my hair and have individual curls noticeable. ^_^ Thanks to all. :flower:

i've got wavy hair, but i was just wondering if anyone knows any good shampoo and conditioners to bring out waves in your hair? i've been using bed head moisture maniac and my hair just seems to be drying shapeless without its natural waves!

i've been using Redken Fresh Curls for the last month and it really defines my curls.

30.jpg

myhaircare.com.au

I can definitely recommend Oribe Curl by Definition for bringing out curls in naturally curly/wavy hair! I bought this last week (usually I use Redken Ringlet 07 which isn't bad either) and it's given me really big springy curls. They're just more defined and have more body that my curls usually do.

I curl my hair but everything just gets bunched up. I'd like to curl my hair and have individual curls noticeable. ^_^ Thanks to all. :flower:

there is this hair cream you get at aveda (in london) im sure its available everywhere else.. its really really good.
i have curly hair, and it works like charm :D

i've been using Redken Fresh Curls for the last month and it really defines my curls.
I use that as well.. another product that's great is Redkens Fresh curls curl boost (the most boost I've ever gotten from a 'boosting product') and Davines Momo Curl Enhancing Serum (the later smells a bit weird.. so test it to see if you can deal with the scent).

hello,

what would ou guys recommend for me?
i have a really long, very thick hair that is stick-traight (never even tought about using straighteners :D ).
i would like to find a way to everyday curls (just wavy, not an tght curl) very easily.. i've tried sleeping with curlers and i have a curling iron. my hair always looks great for 10 minutes, and after that it gets straight again. my heavy hair just pulls itself back straight.
any products or tips?

TIGI has the best products, have you tried?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->