PETA sell-out

ShesElectric

Reaction score
Donatella Versace has managed to air-kiss her way out of a tight spot with PETA, after the animal rights groups scrapped two planned demos today.

Protesters had intended to stake out both the Versace store and her private dinner party tonight, with giant, unflattering posters of the fur-loving designer.

But when he scored an invitation to the dinner for PETA spokesman Dan Matthews, they opted for a more diplomatic approach to their message. Says Matthews, "A lot of the time I make more progress at a party or a club at 2 a.m. than in a midday protest."
http://www.nydailynews.com

peta? diplomatic?

ive never heard those two words used together. the entire reason of their existance is to be childish and annoying

PETA and sell out go together like Paris Hilton and an STD.

They are the least credible animal rights group in existence. They positively overlooked the fact that Stella McCartney wears vintage fur as well as other prominent celebs who love to wear the precious animals they apparently campaign for. The group has become a corporate business endeavour who have become so addicted to the money and high profile its generated for itself over the years.

It's less of a real animal rights advocacy group, and more just a white washing facade for the rich and corporate fatcats.

Now all it takes is a Versace dinner party huh? What a bunch of pricks.

This is so depressing, I used to think so highly of them. That was a while ago now but still..

silk skin paws said:
Bunch of extremists.

not even that, more like posers. they don´t seem to do much but interrupt fashion shows these days.

Now PETA are after Longoria
Animal activists at People For The Ethical Treatment of Animals are urging gun-toting US Vice-President Dick Cheney to take actress [FONT=Verdana,Arial][FONT=Verdana,Arial]Eva [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial]Longoria[/FONT][/FONT] hunting with him - to teach her a lesson for boasting about her bloodthirsty past.

Peta bosses are outraged by the Desperate Housewives star's hunting boasts and have placed the pint-sized [FONT=Verdana,Arial][FONT=Verdana,Arial]actress[/FONT][/FONT] on their hit list with fur wearers and animal tormentors.

The activists are particularly upset with Longoria's recent revelations on [FONT=Verdana,Arial][FONT=Verdana,Arial]Oprah [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial]Winfrey's[/FONT][/FONT] daytime talk show, in which she boasted, "I can skin a deer and a pig and a snake - and rabbits," when asked about her childhood hunting expeditions with her hard-up dad.

And now they suggest she should hit the trails with Cheney, who accidentally shot a pal on an expedition last week (ends10February 06) - to get a taste of how tracked creatures feel when they become targets of shoot-'em-up hunters.

Peta spokesman Michael McGraw says, "If Eva is set on going hunting, we hear Vice-President Cheney is looking for a new partner."

But the animal rights group's president, Ingrid Newkirk, is taking Longoria's boasts far more seriously - she has fired off a letter to the actress, urging her to cease talking about her hunting past as if it's [FONT=Verdana,Arial][FONT=Verdana,Arial]medal[/FONT][/FONT] of honour.

In investigating Longoria, Newkirk has also discovered images of the Latina wearing fur - and she's also asking the actress to give that up too.
Newkirk writes, "Although you have many fans here at Peta, we were disappointed to see photographs of you wearing fur at a variety of recent events.

"We are writing to ask you to please reconsider wearing fur. It would be a tremendous help to animals if you'd establish a 'no-fur' policy."
Newkirk has sent the actress a harrowing new Peta video expose of the Chinese fur industry, hosted by Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor - in a bid to make Longoria think twice before donning animal skin.

Peta strike Paris

Latest: Socialite Paris Hilton has laughed off the flour attack on her and designer Julien Macdonald by an animal rights protester at London Fashion Week.

The pair were hit by a flour bomb flung by an activist from People For The Ethical Treatment (Peta) - angry about Macdonald's use of fur in shows - as they arrived at a party following Hilton's turn on the catwalk on Tuesday (14February 06).

But the 24-year-old insists the incident was soon forgotten.
She says, "It came as a shock. I was just disappointed for Julien because it was his big night.

"But we just dusted ourselves down and went on the party."

Yeah, they really need a new tactic because right now they are acting like a bunch of angry children -- who can be bought off no less.

The activists are particularly upset with Longoria's recent revelations on [FONT=Verdana,Arial][FONT=Verdana,Arial]Oprah [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial]Winfrey's[/FONT][/FONT] daytime talk show, in which she boasted, "I can skin a deer and a pig and a snake - and rabbits," when asked about her childhood hunting expeditions with her hard-up dad.

Why shouln't she be proud of the fact that she has practical, outdoor skills? Deers, pigs and snakes can be pests in some regions and skinning them is a useful thing to be able to do once you've killed them...

I think the skins should have some kind of regulamentation where people would know that the animals died painless before beeing skinned.
I think that the fure business unfortunatly is still very underground and that the big companies still buy fur where they don´t know (or pretend) what happened before the skins arrived to their factories.

I don´t believe that people who use fur agree with the fact that some animals are skinned alive after beeing smacked on the head. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate Peta but then I hate those public school kids in England who go to anti-animal rights marches and become extremists the other way. If Peta wasn't so idiotic, they could make a reasonable case. Medicine-testing aside, animal testing for cosmetic purposes should be minimised, conditions should be improved etc. The fur industry is a prime example of animal rights gone barmy. There are no fur farms in most of Europe and the bulk of the fur comes from dodgy factories in Russia and the Far East which no human being could possibly approve of. Instead of closing European factories down, legislation should have been stronger so that the animals were humanely treated.

then I hate those public school kids in England who go to anti-animal rights marches and become extremists the other way

Where I live is stuffed with rugger bugger agriculture students who've had houses bought for them. They've all got anti-animal rights and 'Fight the unjust law: keep on hunting' stickers... I'm very much tempted to fight the unjust law that says I can't stick a brick through their car windows.

^^^ same
I live right on the cheshire /merseyside border. The cheshire people are all pro hunting and the merseyside people are all animal rights etc. so they always calss and have fights etc.

I personally can't stand to wear fur because I feel horribly guilty and I adore animals....but I see the positive aspects of regulated hunting (i.e. population control...I'd rather have a deer be instantly killed from a gun-shot than have them be hit by a car and die slowly on the side of the road).

Anyway...I wish PETA would spend more time volunteering at animal shelters instead of throwing flour at people :angry:

PETA is just as much of a publicity wh*re as those they pelt with flour.:innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrankBo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->