Philosophy

beiby

Reaction score
Purity made simple is the first product I've ever bought by Philosophy and I think it'll be my last. From the very beginning it made my skin itch and it felt like I had acid on it. I used it for 4 days and this morning I thought "i'll try it one last time". Well, when I looked at my itching skin in the mirror one hour later my skin was red, looking horrible.

So it's been 8 hours since I used it but my skin is still itching (but I don't itch back.. but it is hard). :(

Have ANYONE an idea on what to do? It says this product works on dry, sensitive skin but I really doubt it. I've had to skip put moizteriser on because my skin is so irritated that everything hurts.

I have to add that I've tried a lot of products and have NEVER EVER had any problems. This is the first time :(

And because how I feel and look I'm staying in this evening and feel sorry and hope this'll stop soon. :(

Im not familiar with the product so im not sure if its supposed to itch/burn...Does it contain acetylic acid by any chance?

The way you describe it, it seems like youve had an alergic reaction ..If thats the case you have to stop using it, it wount get any better........

I've used Philosophy products before and I have never experienced any reaction like you have. In my opinion you are most likely having an allergic reaction. I personaly enjoy Philosophy products, they are rich and really good. Infact yesterday I bought their Shampoo, it is nicely scented Cinamon Bun. Oh God I sound so gay lol.

Has anyone tried any of the "On a Clear Day" products? I want to buy some but I was going to see what the reviews were on it first

I do like the make up. I love the lipstick called vacation, it is creamy sheer pink. I love the little black book make up set too. It is perfect to throw in your bag and the shadows go on really well. I do not like any of the other products, I do not feel that they work.

i use the shampoo-bubble bath-body wash thing, in mimosa...it's great. it smells wonderful.

oh yes! I totally forgot about those..I had the chocolate chip cookie one....I gained 10 lbs in the shower!

I always see their presentations on QCV and I am tempted to order them. Has anyone used their products lately? and how do you like them?

I got their Exfoliate kit today and used Greatest Love. My skin has never felt smoother. I was a bit schocked actually by how soft my skin is :lol: Haven't tried the Great Mystery yet.
You should read reviews on makeupalley.com :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Falling in love perfume :flower: smells so good. I also have it in shower gel.

I love their On A Clear Day blemish serum. It dries up the pimple fast.

Yesterday I used their Microdelivery Mini Peel Pads for the first time... My skin feels amazing today!

I use philosophy "Present", it just smoothes the skin to make it look totally matte and fills in wrinkles, I love it! I'm probably going to make it a staple in my beauty routine from now on

I love this brand. I have tried most of the shower gels - all so yummy. And I love the Amazing Grace perfume - it's one of my staples. Also, their Hope in Jar cream really does a great job. I just wish I could get the brand in my city. I usually have to travel to stock up or order online.

I just ordered the 3 sets of 3 in 1 shampoo,bath and gel from QVC for my sister , which also offers auto delivery.
Every 90 days they will send you different flavors..It is much cheaper then buying from Sephora or Nordstroms.
I love the amazing grace smell but it doesn't last long....so for the price I stopped buying the perfume...

maarit said:
I got their Exfoliate kit today and used Greatest Love. My skin has never felt smoother. I was a bit schocked actually by how soft my skin is :lol: Haven't tried the Great Mystery yet.
You should read reviews on makeupalley.com :flower:

Second that! The Greatest Love it's amazing, your skin is GREAT afterwards, so smooth.

I love 'The Gingerbread Man' body scrub, it smells really delicious and seems to do a good job exfoliating.

I've tried some of the shower gels too and haven't had a bad experience yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadxreminders
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->