Phoebe Philo - Designer

Yes a real life presence will be essential for her brand. I got lucky, I used to wear her Celine so the sizing was good for me. But also, I know what I like and I was able to buy things that resonated with me.

Between the hype and the quiet luxury trend, she definitely interested new customers and I don’t think that the strategy could work on a long term. She can have some exclusive pop up spaces indeed where she can really expose the identity of her brand.

And her launch wasn’t worldwide. It was EU, US, UK. A presence in Asia will definitely have a positive impact on her brand.

And she has to give her audience content. You have to stimulate the customers.

That report does tell an interesting story, though. By the end of 2022, the Phoebe Philo company had 49 employees, with £18 million in net assets, down from nearly £26 million in March 2022. (And £14 million cash on hand, compared with £25 million earlier in the year.)
Source: Puck News
looks like someone's been adding to the coke fund :brows:

FYI the site has closed and this is presumably the end of the A1 Delivery's accessibility. A2 will release "in the spring." I assume this will be some time near the end of February or early March.

I wonder how they're going to handle unsold A1 inventory. Maybe hold it for until it can be merchandised in one the alleged physical pop ups next year?

FYI the site has closed and this is presumably the end of the A1 Delivery's accessibility. A2 will release "in the spring." I assume this will be some time near the end of February or early March.

I wonder how they're going to handle unsold A1 inventory. Maybe hold it for until it can be merchandised in one the alleged physical pop ups next year?

Is it closed? You can still shop items with shipping to the UK?

It’s not closed. I think that ultimately, unsold merchandise would probably be kept for an eventual private Samples sale in 3 years for example.
Some pieces could be part of a permanent offering and probably be available at a physical pop up.

I absolutely LOVE Tracee’s style. Super underrated

View attachment 1251091
One of true fashion icon. Unfortunately she decided to work with a stylist for a public appearances.
Thankfully, those candids reminds us how great her style is!
I remember back in the days she came to Azzedine’s store almost incognito in Paris (because Girlfriends wasn’t big in France).

I’m not surprised she is a client of Phoebe!

That new role at British Vogue must be pretty freaking lucrative!! On an episode of her pod, she said she bought MULTIPLE pairs of trousers and MULTIPLE sizes just to try them on. Talk about a flex…

4A6334FE-8278-49F0-A186-4663E139D303.jpeg 65D05425-828A-463B-BC4B-EFAA407BB8E9.jpeg

I thought I’d see way more women wearing PP during fashion week, but I digress.
The majority of people who goes to Fashion Week now are influencers, content creators, celebrities and clients who goes to shows with either clothes brands provides or, when it comes to clients, clothes they bought. And clients wants to honor the designer they are showing up for.
It’s not surprising that you only see handful of fashion insiders with PP.
And im not so sure the people who bought stuff were even photographed.

And im not so sure the people who bought stuff were even photographed.
Correct. They aren't. The whole streetstyle photography scene outside venues is just a staged promotion/marketing of gifted items from the previous collection of the designers currently showing. If there ever were photographers interested in capturing real style a decade back, they're gone for most of the part or just play the game for the money (which is understandable). There's no real style anymore, not on social media and certainly not photographed in the streets.

Surprised how the PP discourse changed its tone here in this forum. Months ago people here had her as their personal Jesus.

Well, in my point of view, it's kind of a paradox. She is, IMO, playing the long game, which I respect and it's smart (building things from the bottom, thinking about creating market value not with hype but with consistency and good products) but with very slow movements which are dangerous in an industry so vapid like the fashion industry. She should do runaway presentations at least, to create momentum, or another type of presentation, because this drop system is so 2010s Supreme, it's not luxurious to make people wait on some website anymore.

However she is, in fact, an iconoclast, so maybe there is something in the corner that only Ms. Philo is seeing and I'm being a complete jerk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->