Phoebe Philo - Designer

The unsightly thing on her is the bag strap digging into the shoulder pad, it's just so annoying to look at. Even the idea of a bag strap like that on such a coat pisses me off. Like when you get the sleeve of a chunky knit stuck on a door handle when you're already in a mood.

Edward looks stouter than ever in that suit but also like he's playing childhood dress up. And he has little neck to work with so this was a poor choice.

Mink is beautiful but it really is antiquated. I cringe whenever I see a 20 something wearing it.
The industry's 3 fold maximized slay of no questions asked swapping out mink for shearling to virtue signal, supplement the old massive profit of fur, and justify the price increase of merch while the consumer just goes along with it is so hilarious and sad lol. Status symbols for the "middle class" are more superficial than ever.
I beg to differ, it looks luxe and glamourous , on my mom's side, all my female relatives , aunties have one fur coat and even when I go to Brooklyn I see girls in them. Even now I crave a Fendi Fur coat.

This looks 1000000X better than that Celine coat. This quote perfectly captures what I mean

The image of a black woman, heading to church or some other event, enveloped in her fine fur, remains one of the most enduring and affecting totems of resilience and glamour in the black urban landscape

It’s maybe for good reason we are at a more mindful place today about the consumption of fur and animal products in general - Not only for the obvious animal cruelty issues but also the negative carbon footprint this leaves on our ecosystem.

Back to Edward, I’m always so perplexed when I see fashion people who can’t dress or who don’t have a personal sense of style. Edward has always had his uniform but has never mastered that…

But thankfully, for all the Edward, we have George Cortina! That man can rock a suit!

Last edited by a moderator:
I beg to differ, it looks luxe and glamourous , on my mom's side, all my female relatives , aunties have one fur coat and even when I go to Brooklyn I see girls in them. Even now I crave a Fendi Fur coat.

This looks 1000000X better than that Celine coat. This quote perfectly captures what I mean

The image of a black woman, heading to church or some other event, enveloped in her fine fur, remains one of the most enduring and affecting totems of resilience and glamour in the black urban landscape
Just want to say that FENDI for is, chefs kiss, superb. The Phoebe one looks messy in comparison

It does not look good... And she has a figure that can pretty much carry anything, so I wonder how it looks like on a regular person... That suit on Enninful is a disaster as well... The whole thing is already feeling quite lukewarm despite just being two "drops"-old...

Edward's suit looks incredibly stumpy. He should've known better that even if it's bespoke, Phoebe's style of suiting only flatters people with a lanky frame. Which is quite unfortunate when you don't have that body type.

Even Kendall couldn't properly rock it, which pertains to the recently posted image above. She should've opened the jacket and let it all drape. Her face shape combined with that jacket's silhouette/shape looks frumpy and forced. She should just stick to The Row.

I like the look on Kendall. Super chic even if quite cliché. I like when people integrate pieces into their wardrobe and not when they fall into the aesthetic of the brands they are wearing…

Obviously, the piece is brand new and that kind of buttery leather looks better when lived in. Considering her Status, I doubt we will see her rock this in a year or two.

It doesn't look great on her, it certainly doesn't look expensive or luxurious and for once Kendall is not to blame. The bag, especially if it's opened like that, also looks like rather unremarkable.
Now I wonder whether Kendall purchased this herself or whether it was gifted by PP.

It doesn't look great on her, it certainly doesn't look expensive or luxurious and for once Kendall is not to blame. The bag, especially if it's opened like that, also looks like rather unremarkable.
Now I wonder whether Kendall purchased this herself or whether it was gifted by PP.
considering that whole bunch have been trying to rebrand themselves as refined fashion connoisseurs for the last half decade, this is 100 percent the work of some stylist or stylist's assistant who was tasked with scoring her the latest fashion 'trophy'.

Phoebe is about as likely to have gifted this as the Olsens to have gifted anything by The Row. Which is to say, not very.

That suit on Edward Enninful is terrible though. Not a good advertisement for her tailoring or cuts at all.

Is that kendall. I had no idea who that was.

mink is not antiquated. yes that brushed shearling looks like trash. Fendi Furs are incomparable to anyone elses furs. Theyre feather light and built like lattice. I never want to hear the term carbon when the replacement of fur is petroleum based. I mean, how did you all let that happen?

Phoebe has never been a 'cut' designer. She has always been super intellectual. Thats why she's Fashions Darling. One needs to be well-versed at in-the-moment fashion to appreciate PP. Her work is a conversation with what is in-the-moment. Thats why she isn't comparable to a designer like JG or even KL. She is - again - more similar to Supreme or Bape in her design philosophy. I would never go to Phoebe for a silhouette ever. For something super trendy and in the moment, absolutely.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaanok
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->