Phoebe Philo - Designer

It’s the kind of coat that you want to see with some leather heeled thigh-high boots or a bare leg in a pair of gorgeous pumps.

It’s so banal at this point for it to be styled with some seriously serious wide trousers and a glove leather slipper…because it’s iNTelLeCTuaL, y’know…it’s all about a modern, wOrKInG WOmAn.

The coat’s proportions are pure fantasy. Gimme a break, Phoebe. Let’s have a little fun…throw some heels on…we all remember your stripper pole photoshoot.

It’s the kind of coat that you want to see with some leather heeled thigh-high boots or a bare leg in a pair of gorgeous pumps.

It’s so banal at this point for it to be styled with some seriously serious wide trousers and a glove leather slipper…because it’s iNTelLeCTuaL, y’know…it’s all about a modern, wOrKInG WOmAn.

The coat’s proportions are pure fantasy. Gimme a break, Phoebe. Let’s have a little fun…throw some heels on…we all remember your stripper pole photoshoot.
I totally agree. This is how I would wear it myself! I find the most of the styling on her website banal and boring, but the latter is supposedly 'in', and you wonder sometimes whether this boring period in fashion really has to do with the economy or if it's intentional. The mood overall in magazines, lookbooks, campaigns, and runway collections is just lackluster and evidently, it's not only my perception.

At least, she is buying! I’ll always support celebrities who are buying their stuff.

I think people read a little bit too much regarding their perception or interpretation of the brand.
I’m always surprised when I see people dress like the brand they are wearing. Embracing someone’s aesthetic doesn’t mean becoming their aesthetic.

I also feel like Phoebe is a little victim of the narrative created around her work. I find the whole intellectual conversation quite boring in fashion because it literally means nothing.

But see this look as just that: a fashion proposition. I find the lookbook look chic but I wouldn’t wear it like that.
I think there’s some sort of playfulness in Phoebe’s pragmatism but in reality, the reality of a working woman with disposable income is very different depending on their environment. None of the celebrities we saw wearing Phoebe Philo (or the brands associated to that aesthetic) are relatable to me for example.

Oh, I’ve been so disconnected of Phoebe Philo’s world that I don’t know which are the 31K coats you are talking about. Any of you could enlighten me, please?

On another note, I feel like if you don’t play the fashion game you end up being kind of forgotten and irrelevant. Like Tom Ford’s first offerings (first one aside). I don’t know, I expected this brand’s launch to be a little bit more “grand”. Maybe she wants it like that, calm, no noise, discreet, enjoy the process… but from a fashion perspective, it’s not giving me much (which is also fair).

I also believe the intellectual/clean/white catalogue/boring teenager girl phase of fashion is kind of over.

I still adore her, but I don’t know. I guess she’s older now and wants to enjoy life while having a strong business, she has been so big and influential that has nothing else to prove, so maybe that’s why she’s doing it in a, let’s say, discreet way.

Last edited:
I caved and scored the Score glasses in black. Though I wasn’t blown away by the Bergdorf’s offering, I still love Phoebe and her brand and I’m glad I could support in some way. Tbh, I visit the website multiple times a week just because I love looking at everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARNOLDSILVERBOLT
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->