Phoebe Philo - Designer

👀Someone on Twitter highlighted the Glassdoor reviews of Phoebe Philo (the company) after Lauren Sherman's piece last week on the CEO departing, and they are brutal, even for a fashion house.

It's truly impressive an impressive feat to have every single review be 1 star.

View attachment 1296109

Posting the majority of them below for posterity's sake. I now wonder if this brand will be around in a year from now.
Why did I lose this flaming hot tea 😱

Is the ice queen's minimalist empire crumbling?

Now I want to see the The Row reviews :shifty:

I don't want to encourage random rumors but I wonder if she's fine. These random releases and the fact that she hasn't committed to a regular schedule are quite far from the Phoebe that we saw during the Céline days. The drive and will to build a look and language seem to be gone.
We would be reading to much into it ..she explained to be looking for new or other ways to do the launch of her own brand, we are witnessing in real time someone literally testing and trying things out ...

Celine she was also off schedule with not releasing press pics of the resort collection till few weeks before the store drop, not being on instagram etc not going with the flow is her style lets not forget that side of her ...as much as it became The Row & Co norm.

This is why people don't dare anymore because we are so fast to judge process yet we want to be in the know of the process.

i don't say this personally to you but in general.

starting a business on your own term is messy process unless you want to be like everyone else you follow set path.

creating something is not a clean cut process its messy and frustrating and failure leads to success if you keep your head on the prize/goal.

With a pricing strategy and ecommerce model like that, I think she is making a decent amount from the brand even it is a bit niche but without too much marketing expense, let alone the cult in TFS helps.

I don't want to encourage random rumors but I wonder if she's fine. These random releases and the fact that she hasn't commited to a regular schedule are quite far from the Phoebe that we saw during the Céline days. The drive and will to build a look and language seem to be gone.
The release format is exactly how she said she would do it. She pretty much explained everything in the interview earlier this year.

I'm so bored of her lifeless namesake brand, wish she'd get back in the (big) fashion game. If she's back on tracks that is.

Lowkey wish they'd give her Chanel, now that'd be a fashion big bang...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luminance8271
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->