Phoebe Philo - Designer

I don't want to encourage random rumors but I wonder if she's fine. These random releases and the fact that she hasn't commited to a regular schedule are quite far from the Phoebe that we saw during the Céline days. The drive and will to build a look and language seem to be gone.

👀Someone on Twitter highlighted the Glassdoor reviews of Phoebe Philo (the company) after Lauren Sherman's piece last week on the CEO departing, and they are brutal, even for a fashion house.

It's truly impressive an impressive feat to have every single review be 1 star.

View attachment 1296109

Posting the majority of them below for posterity's sake. I now wonder if this brand will be around in a year from now.
Why did I lose this flaming hot tea 😱

Is the ice queen's minimalist empire crumbling?

Now I want to see the The Row reviews :shifty:

I don't want to encourage random rumors but I wonder if she's fine. These random releases and the fact that she hasn't committed to a regular schedule are quite far from the Phoebe that we saw during the Céline days. The drive and will to build a look and language seem to be gone.
We would be reading to much into it ..she explained to be looking for new or other ways to do the launch of her own brand, we are witnessing in real time someone literally testing and trying things out ...

Celine she was also off schedule with not releasing press pics of the resort collection till few weeks before the store drop, not being on instagram etc not going with the flow is her style lets not forget that side of her ...as much as it became The Row & Co norm.

This is why people don't dare anymore because we are so fast to judge process yet we want to be in the know of the process.

i don't say this personally to you but in general.

starting a business on your own term is messy process unless you want to be like everyone else you follow set path.

creating something is not a clean cut process its messy and frustrating and failure leads to success if you keep your head on the prize/goal.

I don't want to encourage random rumors but I wonder if she's fine. These random releases and the fact that she hasn't commited to a regular schedule are quite far from the Phoebe that we saw during the Céline days. The drive and will to build a look and language seem to be gone.
The release format is exactly how she said she would do it. She pretty much explained everything in the interview earlier this year.

The longline tops are beyond gorgeous, definitely something that satisfies us all Philophiles out there. I guess these are just fittings (hence the poor photography) and that there will probably be some sort of campaign shot by a prominent photographer at some point or so I hope. The clothes alone are looking good, though, I like them better than the previous drops. She should hire Ola Rindal or Casper Sejersen to inject some life into the visuals.

Correction: Just saw the website and this IS the campaign. I guess maybe she's low on budget for a better shoot? Or is it on purpose? Anyways, I think the clothes themselves are what really matters at the end. Not everyone needs the lies and the marketing bullsh*t.

Ola Rindal will not bring anything she already has. His photography is as depressing as these visuals.

She needs to let go the shots in the studio and around the studio and have all the girls in some nice sunny places, that’s all.

The looks are super strong and I love the casting but the dull expression, the depressing lighting I can’t anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexandracorvington
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->