Phoebe Philo - Life After Chloe - *Update* Creative Director for Celine

^ And the fact that she showed up looking oh so beautiful isn't surprising either :P:heart:
(telegraph.co.uk)

Phoebe-Philo-1_1780478a.jpg
Phoebe Philo wore a navy strapless jumpsuit, and modernist cuffs on each wrist, from her latest Celine collection.

very true! :lol:
I did like the fact that she wore bracelets from the recent collection :blush:
you can see them better here

vogue.co.uk

So chic. She's the best representative for her designs, as she was when she was at Chloe I suppose.

I read this post by Vanessa Friedman on her FT blog, material world....she makes a good point questioning why Phoebe Philo won, and I agree:

Indeed, I think comparing Philo to Erdem and Kane is like comparing apples to a Tart Tatin, or oranges to Cointreau: it’s just not fair. Both taste very good, but they are at entirely different stage in their development. It would have been more accurate to put Philo in the brand category, but then, that would have meant losing Mulberry; this way, both got to win, and both got to be on stage, and both garnered the associated publicity. And if, thus, the ultimate winner is, in fact, the British fashion industry, for spawning such brands, is that so bad? Maybe not. But it’s also not fair.

She's talented, and we all know that, so is there really a need to laud her when she's clearly the establishment? I guess the Brit Fashion Awards have their own agenda to balance commercial needs but I think there's a need to consider whether the playing field is level when it comes to deciding winners.

You can read the full post here - http://blogs.ft.com/material-world/2010/12/07/the-politics-of-the-british-fashion-awards/

:clap::clap: Such great news although most of the people saw that coming. The year 2010 will be permanently marked down as the Céline year.
Some photos from the BAF 2010.
17051.jpg

17269.jpg

17079.jpg

source: britishfashionawards

This woman never ceases to amaze me. I mean, just the fit alone of that jumpsuit. How perfectly cutted it is... :heart: let alone that who knew that jumpsuits could be that chic? :lol:

I'm late to the party but congratulations indeed. She made 2010 remarkable in the sense that wearability with simple statements are now back again.

She looks just marvellous. It's such a simple look, yet so amazing.

:heart:

I didn't notice the fur shoes until now. Don't they stink after wearing them? It gives me the creeps just looking at them...

someone looked stunning as usual at CFDA Fashion Awards in NYC :D

daylife.com

View of the total look :flower::

TUVmb.jpg

Posing with Sofia!

1t4J4.jpg

gettyimages.com

Amazing look! Perfectly simple yet so stunning.

I like the outfit and what she wears in general. I just wsish she'd SPICE THINGS UP! She makes wonderful clothes playing with colors and fabric and all she wears is quite basic and black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momosdiary
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->