Picture Me: A Model's Diary (Documentary Film)

i would really interested too

do you think you can buy it somewhere ?

I'm really annoyed, because it was showing at the World Cinema Showcase at a cinema in my city but I missed it.. it finished on April 14! :(

One aspect Ziff had qualms about was the exploitation of young models -- a topic which has blown up in the media in recent weeks, with allegations of inappropriate behaviour by photographer Terry Richardson during photo shoots, allegations denied by the photographer.
When asked about Richardson, Schell and Ziff laugh nervously.
"One of the main problems in the industry is the age of the girl," Schell says, pointing out a lot of new models are in their early teens and from Eastern Europe, travelling to countries where they don't speak the language, and living apart from their families.
"You can imagine if you're wide-eyed and you're going to castings to impress a photographer who can really advance your career, you can imagine that's a recipe for trouble for a young girl.
"I would say forget Terry Richardson by himself, but the whole industry could step back and look at the issue of age and perhaps address it."
Ziff disagrees that age is the issue.
"It's not like the deciding issue in people's concerns with how [Richardson] works. I definitely think at the very least you can take it as a sign that models are starting to speak out in numbers in a way they never have before.
"I was really touched when I opened the newspaper and I saw these models speaking out because it's unprecedented."
Models speak out, too, in Picture Me, and Ziff hopes the film's release will help force change in the industry
http://nz.entertainment.yahoo.com/100329/3/i30k.html

they are going to show it at some independent film festival in Germany in September, so this could be the case in other countries, too.

Sex and d**g trap for young models

AUSTRALIAN model Tione Hawkins has exposed the international modelling circuit as a place where young models are regularly offered drugs, pressured to starve themselves and exposed to the seedy sex trade. At 17, Hawkins arrived in Milan with hopes of becoming Australia's next international supermodel, but left the Italian fashion capital disillusioned and disappointed.
"I was told: 'If you want to get this job, then don't eat for a week,' " she said, referring to visits to her Milan modelling agency, Fashion.
Fashion also represents Australian model Stephanie Carta, who was pulled from a Fashion Week parade in 2008 after concerns were raised over her "alarmingly thin" frame."I've seen girls who were definitely starving themselves," Hawkins said. "You don't sit around talking about it, but you don't get that thin by exercising and eating healthily. It was actually quite disturbing.
"I'm lucky I went: 'I don't want the work that much; I want to be alive two years from now.' "
At 25, Hawkins has walked away from modelling and will give birth to her first child, a girl, this week.
She and her partner, plumber Rod Sletten, have traded the buzzing inner-city suburb of Elizabeth Bay for a quiet life at Niagara Park, on the Central Coast.
Hawkins said models in Milan had to attend as many as 15 castings a day and had to pay back the money the agency spent on their air fares from Australia with money they received from modelling jobs.
"When you're in Milan and you're a model, everything's for free - but everything has a price."
The 180cm beauty said that during a stint in Milan, she witnessed her model flatmates being taken out at night by older men.
"Young girls were going out with 30- and 40-year-olds, getting into trouble with d***s and probably having sex as well," she said.
"It's a hard city for a young girl when you've been given all this stuff on a platter. It's hard to see that there's a price attached to it."
Hawkins, who grew up in Kempsey, rose to fame after winning the 1998 Girlfriend Model Search contest at the age of 13. Within a year, she went from a lanky kid with "crappy shoes" who was picked on at school to a modelling star earning $150,000 a year.
"We never had much money, so it was a big thing," Hawkins said.
"I went out and bought myself a pair of brand-name shoes, and then I was cool. I fitted in."
Nine years later, with a portfolio that includes an Elle magazine cover, editorials for Vogue Australia and Harper's Bazaar and countless catwalk appearances around the world, Hawkins is finished with international modelling.

Since a three-month stint in Munich 18 months ago, she has restricted herself to local catwalk and editorial work.
"In the past couple of years, I've done only one or two shows, because I'm kind of over it," Hawkins said last week.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...for-young-models/story-e6frfn7i-1225857892653

Last edited by a moderator:
The documentary is already encouraging models to bite the hand that feeds them

For this statement alone you should be taken to court.

I just cannot understand how anyone can tolerate or overlook these crimes against young girls just because they are "models" and the people behind the scenes keeping quiet about it or choose to ignore it are just as guilty. They are human beings even thought they might be treated like cloth-hangers or canvases for beauty-products. They have the same rights like everyone else. :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
They are just using the girls, knowing that young girls have no life experience.. so its easier to control them.. just like a baby..!:smile: and they are making money out of them.. its a manipulation basically.. I wish that one day all these models would be awake to realize it because its hard to realize it when u are 16. because u think about it as a game.. but then u realized .. Uve been fooled..! selling your soul without knowing... very good experience for awakening..!:flower:

That is good news.
I am sure by the sounds of it that it will be very interesting.

for those in Australia - it's showing at the Melbourne film festival this month

this is getting frustrating. i mean when was the premiere of this documentary? in 2009??

^Well I hope they find one fast, 'cause I really want to watch it.

I just came back from watching this at the Melbourne Film Festival, and i have to say it was awesome, when it finished i didnt want it to end.. i feel sorry for the models, they obviously have it hard and we just witness them in their final product and think they live an awesome life. Im glad she did this.. hopefully it would be available for sale soon.

I just came back from watching this at the Melbourne Film Festival, and i have to say it was awesome, when it finished i didnt want it to end.. i feel sorry for the models, they obviously have it hard and we just witness them in their final product and think they live an awesome life. Im glad she did this.. hopefully it would be available for sale soon.

I'm so jealous of you :P I wish you had recorded it while watching it and posted it on Youtube :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->