Picture Me: A Model's Diary (Documentary Film)

ugh finally!!! please anyone that goes to watch the movie upload the torrent and let us know where we can find it-if you thank.....sick of waiting!

c7b91aa89c82155b_l_caee5951e6da4db1a63f5f2e3ee0934b.xlarge.jpg

fashionologie

Pictures from the premiere party

4972758921_4dc75e00b8_b.jpg

http://altamiranyc.blogspot.com/2010/09/models-off-duty-by-night-at-picture-me.html

And an article in W Magazine

faar_pictureme_01_h.jpg

Even as she was scoring major ad campaigns for Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Stella McCartney and the Gap, and doing shoots for countless fashion magazines (including this one), Sara Ziff was never content to only model. At a wise-beyond-her-years 18, traveling back and forth across the Atlantic for runway shows, she and her then-boyfriend, filmmaker Ole Schell, began capturing footage of her frenetic life as well as interviews with fashion bigwigs (Nicole Miller, Gilles Bensimon) and fellow models Missy Rayder, Cameron Russell, and others. The result is Picture Me, a documentary that looks honestly at the glittery ups (fat paychecks, glamorous travel, free clothes) and salacious downs (drug abuse, sexual harassment by powerful photographers, getting replaced by pre-pubescent 14-year-olds) of the modeling industry. “Our careers are so carefully managed that we are like marionettes,” says Ziff, now 27, a senior at Columbia studying politics and a volunteer for Andrew Cuomo’s New York gubernatorial campaign. “It’s really unorthodox to tell your own story.” The film will premiere at a Nicole Miller-sponsored New York fashion week party, and open in theaters on September 17 in New York and September 24 in Los Angeles.</B>

Read More http://www.wmagazine.com/fashion/2010/09/picture_me_film#ixzz0z24b7YEk

I have a lot more respect for Anja after hearing her point of view of "abuse" in the modeling industry in this video. I always thought of her as those type of models that sugarcoat everything and making it seem like the industry is perfect. She's very raw.

gosh in which agency had she been?
If I maybe get a booker late I'll NEVER put my girls into situations like that!

Somebody needs to take a NY senator to the movie, and get some legislation moving to get models protected by an actor's union, like in the UK.

Maybe the industry does want them young because they are easier to push around.

I read that thing on gawker about this
I didn't really get why she acted like it was the "fashion industries" fault that she was allegedly drugged at a party, just because it happened to happen at dior party, that could have happened anywhere....It also couldn't have been all bad for her either, she could have listed off some positive experiences that she had as well and not just paint a picture of the fashion industry being this horrible place where everyone is a sexual predator, and no one looks out for you..

I guess I had assumed that a good bit of the younger and newer girls had their mothers or someone there that traveled with them to shoots and things so I'm really glad she made this film to expose this side of modeling you don't hear about that often.

I have always had a problem with models starting out at 14 and 15, it just doesn't sit well with me to see some young girl dressing up in older clothes and trying to be sexy and that guardian.uk article just confirmed that. the mere fact that some girls are so scared to even share their stories lets you know that this is a major problem. There should definitely be some sort of union that not only protects the models, but also puts pressure on the agency's as well - because they are to blame as well.

Another issue I have with this is when people make comments like this from the gawker article:

Wait, people who choose careers based on how they look are surprised when they're exploited?

Wow, I'm shocked! Shocked!

What's the next, a documentary on how being a garbage man makes your clothes stink? What!?!?

I cannot stand when people make it seem like these young women ask to be treated like this and don't realize that they are a VICTIM! I happen to be very passionate about women's rights and I have heard and read so many stories of young women who are assaulted, harassed, or raped and then made to seem as if it was their own fault for being there in the situation. It pisses me off to no end because the same treatment occurs to women who have been beaten or victims of sex trafficking.

However, it won't be until these models actually band together to make a change really happen in the industry. Like Anja said in that video, it's not likely of this happening because there are so many new and young girls who are willing to do it regardless.

is anyone going to the LA showing? i really want to go but i dont know if i should buy tickets ahead of time. im assuming there will be alot of people wanting to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->