Platforms?

jlbrandy321

Reaction score
Okay, maybe I'm a little slow but are platform shoes coming back in? I keep seeing platforms in stores as well as on celebs. I also keep seeing platform flip flops everywhere (specifically Rocket Dog). What do you guys think??

In my opinion no platforms compair to Vivienne's *sighs*.

VWSH1.jpg

Originally posted by kitsch@Jun 21st, 2004 - 4:16 pm

VWSH1.jpg
totally agree no one does platforms quite like Viv

Originally posted by kitsch@Jun 21st, 2004 - 4:16 pm

VWSH1.jpg
OMG! i have those... :wub:
they are so gorgeous... remind me of 1950's pin-ups! :blush:

Originally posted by nuiko+Jun 21st, 2004 - 5:37 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nuiko @ Jun 21st, 2004 - 5:37 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kitsch@Jun 21st, 2004 - 4:16 pm

VWSH1.jpg
they are so gorgeous... remind me of 1950's pin-ups! :blush: [/b][/quote]
You lucky thing you - I'm dying to buy a pair from Hervia.

hmmm not a fan of platforms....probly cuz people have always been wearing them ever since the trend started until now.....im really sick of them because where im from its mostly little tiny boppers that wear them.... :wacko:

I like platforms, I always liked them ever since the late 90s(the spice girls haha). Thanks for reminding me to get a pair :woot:

No no no no no, just say no to Rocket Dog platforms. Every girl my age (except for myself) wears those 2-inchers with everything during the summer. And let me tell you, cheap platform flip flops and tiny, wider-than-longer minis are not a good combination.

Obviously they haven't read the millions of articles spawned by the one in Times about modesty...

not a fan of platforms.
most of them don't look appealing to me, and I find some dangerously tacky :sick:

however, a little bit of platform done right can look amazing, also makes the shoes very comfy, for example, these CHOOs :heart:

macy_l_1241431_b.jpg

haha! I LOVED platforms in the 10th grade... I had a pair that was like 6 inches tall :ninja:

I have a little platform on one pair of shoes... but I never wear them because of it. they make me feel.. sl*tty or something

I have a few pair of flatform sandles (NOT flipflops :sick:) and one pair of boots, but I'm slowly fazing them out of my wardrobe with heels. They are from my younger days of fashion :ninja:

Okay, I'm not a huge fan either. However, I keep seeing them featured in fashion mags., keep seeing Jessica Simpson sporting them, etc. I just have a feeling they are making a comeback. I agree, people continued to wear them long after the first time they went out. I think that is the danger...looking like you still think they are stylish from the early 90's.

I don't like platforms...The 'Spice Girls' completely ruined that for me...

spicewp.jpg

:sick: :sick: :sick:

platforms are GREAT!
i welcome their return :heart: .......
...so long as it's not in the form of hideous 1990's platform sneakers and such (a la spice girls, as above)

vivienne westwood style platforms like those black pumps that were posted earlier are more than fine, though :woot:
but perhaps in a more sensible height.

also, those jimmy choos are perfection! :heart:

:wub:

Originally posted by nuiko@Jun 21st, 2004 - 3:37 pm

they are so gorgeous... remind me of 1950's pin-ups! :blush:
i agree!
they have that 1940s-50s pinup charm, and are just plain hot! :brows:

:heart:

My mom has those shoes Posh is wearing. Here are some of my favorite platforms from the last few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->