Alice + Olivia for Payless

not my style, but they came out much better than i expected

I feel the same way. I don't think I'd ever wear these shoes, but they're certainly not poorly designed or anything. Just not my personal style.

these are in some stores already (fashioninformer.blogspot.com)

Attachments

• payless1.jpg
    payless1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 6
  • payless2.jpg
    payless2.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 4
  • payless3.jpg
    payless3.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 7
  • payless4.jpg
    payless4.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 4
I like the black wedge slingbacks. The black and white spotted flats are quite cute too!

i tried on the black wedge slingbacks (40$) my store also had the green version. i think i will only get them on sale. they felt really high. and also i dont have that many things that would go with them....

Are these exclusive to the US? I haven't been into a Payless for ages and some of these shoes look really cute.

I haven't even seen them here in the United States, so I'm not sure. Though my local Payless never has any of these collections, anyway.

I really like the platforms. I might have to go check them out sometime soon.

I have the white and tan wedges. They are sooo cute. I'm mad that I didn't buy the black ones from spring though.

I don't really like the collection O_O It's weird I haven't seen any at my local Payless stores

Let me comments a bit on some of the shoes in this thread. I'll mostly work with this page.

Post #23
I don't have a problem with slingback wedges. Just something about a wedge that makes me like them a little more than your average spike-type heel shoe. Those slingback pumps look lovely to me. Love the little bow design as well as the lovely toes of the shoes. * The third and fourth pictures of those flats would be okay if not for those dalmatian dots. That's my only true turnoff of these flats. I've seen polka dot flats and skimmers that look better than those!

Post #31
Nothing like a pair of strappy high-heel sandals. I don't really like the outlining on the straps. The black with white outlining (first shoe) and pink with blue outlining (second shoe) aren't to my liking. However, the style of the strappy sandals appeal to me greatly.

I like the third and fourth shoes better than the starappy sansals. The outlining is just right and not overdone. The wedge design is lovely as are the open-toe and slingback designs. They are the best pair of pumps to wear with any stylish look of your choosing. I like the white pumps better than the gray pumps.

The fifth picture is the only pair of sneakers in this post of pictures. The sneakers are very casual and would work well with any casual look. The design is a gray pair of sneakers with white accents. I'd probably prefer them be black with white accents. Not chic, but plenty casual and fun.

No femme shoe is more classic to me than the mary jane (the sixth and seventh pictures). How can you not love these mary janes? They are outlined in alost all the right places while looking very lovely. Seeing those in black with white outlining would be a pair I'd love to wear if I were a femme.

All in all...
This Alice + Olivia collection offers a collection of fun and feminine shoes to compliment many styles. Perhaps I have an emphasis towards childish, girly cute. But when you're tired of UGG boots or Converse sneakers, they deliver a fairly nice collection of shoes. You can't really go wrong unless you just don't like the style of these shoes. The shoes are colorful and fun. Almost as if these are wearable Spring-style shoes you could wear all year. The vibrant colors appeal to me most as well as some of the different color combinations. This is a lovely collection that will add some extra appeal to your overall look.

There was sooooo so so much hype this season revolving around these boots:

064100_1_300x300.jpg

Linky

What do you think of them? They also come in black.

Or these:

064102_1_300x300.jpg

I think I like the red peep toe booties... But I'm not sure. For only $48, though - I'm tempted.

Here's a photo of them on, via Clothes Collector:

dsc7872ge5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a search on Payless' website for this collection. I'll only focus on the shoes since this is the Shoes forum. Here are some of my opinions based on this link: < http://payless.resultspage.com/search?w=Alice Olivia >.

I'm not feeling open-toe ankle boots. The zipper and that overlay doesn't really hurt the Rivington Ankle Boots. I'd probably avoid anything that isn't floor-length. The Hudson Sweater Boot will be pretty comfy and warm to wear, not to mention pretty stylish. Here's my thing about the Jane Back-Zip Boots. I was okay with the boot design of these boots apart from the Rivington boots. But with these, it's back zip, has a taller shaft, and that overlay. Horrendous boots! The overlay and back zipper killed an otherwise lovely pair of ankle boots. Way to go! The Morton Mary Jane is much easier to my eyes than the Jane Back-Zip Boots. The wedge design and two mary jane straps make this a can't-miss shoe. I learned these wedges come in either black/houndstooth or grey/dots. I'd rather the houndstooth design personally. The Ludlow Patent Mary Jane is pretty cute. I like the red ones better than the brown with red outlining model.

About paying $50 on Payless shoes... I think as long as you find a pair you like as well as feel great wearing them, you can still feel proud sporting a lovely pair of shoes or boots from this collection (or any other). If some will lovingly put down triple-digit numbers on a pair of Louboutins or Manolos, then I'm sure these shoes will be worth the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->