Wearing platform shoes

i actually think generally platforms are more comfortable than other heels because it's almost like the balls of your feet are cushioned? haha. to be honest i don't think i really ever wear any heels that aren't platforms! i don't tend to wear them for a very long time though... occasionally i will go out for the day in heels but it's RARE, as i tend to end up cursing my stupid shoes. i usually just wear them at night, and believe it or not they seem easier to walk in if i've had a bit to drink... taxis are a must though, walking/getting the bus home in them will neeever happen.
it really depends on the particular shoes though! i have topshop platforms which are incredibly comfortable, and burberry platforms (about the same height, 5 inches) which are quite literally impossible to walk in (the one time i have worn them out i needed stitches, oh dear!). i have also never understood why people recommend wedges as being easier to walk in than normal heels? i think they are really hard to get used to because your feet have no flexibility at all, especially if you're walking on ground that's even slightly uneven...

most of my heels are platforms (even if the platform is small), because as everyone pointed out, it provides cushioning and eases the slope of the heel a bit. I find that platforms are only hard to walk in because of the weight of the shoe, but I find them equally (if not more) manageable than regular heels.

are most of you people just driving everywhere you go?
because in a city where you have to walk a lot, it's not really practical...
unless you get cabs everywhere as velocity girl suggested...

:P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->