Porter #20 Summer 2017 : Bella Hadid by Terry Richardson

Her best cover
Very natural look but the cheeks look sunburnt

Last edited by a moderator:
Ridiculous that Richardson is being used here...and on a cover! Major slip up.

I agree that it's a beautiful cover but I also agree about Richardson. I don't think he should be getting any work, much less Porter covers.

I'm genuinely surprised they feel their reader will be so accepting of Richardson being used. They seem to put so much pride in having an intelliagent and informed demographic. Baffling.

This looks so miserable, even gloomier than Natalia's cover. Porter should consider taking antidepressants.

I really wish Terry wasn't hired to shoot this cover...but at least Bella looks very good on the cover. It's raw and actually quite lovely.

I like the cover. I just wish she wasn't so red looking though.

That's a great cover shot. People are just hating on it because they don't like Terry.

I think it's a great cover - it looks like it was shot by Annemarieke van Drimmelen. The problem is the hiring and use of Terry Richardson, who has a long and sordid history of not just disgusting photography but sexual assaualt accusations against him, even big name models like Coco Rocha and Rie Rasmussen have stated their discomfort in working with him. Especially by a magazine that is aimed towards intelligent women, as honeycombchild put it well on the previous page. It's kind of like a "women in comedy" event hiring Bill Cosby to introduce the comedians.

I really hope the Porter team is reading this thread. I don't buy magazines that feature Terry's work.

The image is not bad, but Bella is a little girl compared to past cover models. And Terry Richardson :sick: Neither are suited to the magazine.

Why do these women magazines (especially Porter, one of the smarter ones) keep using Terry?!

Isn't the most obvious (and depressing) answer that they simply don't care? Which says a lot about them.

It's really soft and pretty. It's a different side of Bella. She usually looks like a glamourous blow up doll so it's nice to see her look vulnerable and human.

I think the image is absolutely beautiful and elegant in a way I have never seen Bella look before. Yes, I have an issue with Terry, but in the two shoots I have seen him do for Porter he has delivered something very different and more soulful which can only be a good thing.
Aren't Porter also always having their photographers blocked by Conde Nast? There was a piece about it somewhere a while back...

^Indeed!
Upper part of her face reminds me of Laetitia Casta. It's a plain cover, I'd rather be laying on the beach over there.

True, actually this looks like a million covers of Laetitia Casta for Elle and Cosmo in the 90's, he certainly does not get points for originality. But I like it, I used to love those beach 90's covers, and although Bella is no Laetitia Casta she's a step above her insufferable sister.

Said that find it baffling they used Richardson, It's quite a slap in the face, it has been a drawn out process to try to root him out of the fashion world, and then comes Porter of all magazines and they just give him a cover. It's not a popular opinion, but i think he was a very good photographer before he settled in a "style" , but boy, not that good to the point that his talent may overthrow people's better judgment.

Totally agree! I don't why a magazine like Porter Magazine who promote themselves as a feminist fashion magazine for independent, smart, businessminded women choose to work with a nasty "photographer" to shoot their covers and fashion editorials? How can they be so blind, I mean he has a history of r*pe, sexual harrasment and extremely objectifying "fashion photos". Yuck, he is the scum of the whole fashion industry. I never buy anything that has anything with him to do! Never endorse people like him with your money, just not worth it.

Also the cover look like a really really bad rip off those beautiful 80s/90s covers of Vogue of top notch and respectable photographers like Weber and Feurer.

I stopped buying porter already last year because it was around then they started using him. Totally disgrace Porter! I hope you read this thread. You can't fool your readers!

I like it... and I hate Porter for making me like something by Richardson.

After Natalia Vodianova's miserable cover, the sight of this is much-welcomed! Porter has been quite hit and miss lately but I do look forward to this issue based on the beautiful cover shot of Bella alone.

I am, however, in agreement with everyone else regarding Terry Richardson's involvement here. Although I would have have guessed Terry shot this! I immediately thought either Cass Bird, Ryan McGinley or Collier Schorr - the usual Porter cover photographers. There's zero signs of Terry's usual vulgarity!

Natalia's cover was obnoxious indeed (like sadly most of her work and entire image these days) but in terms of content, that was easily the best issue they've put out. I loved it even though I never cared for Porter before. It's a shame that just when they had managed to generate more interest and reach newer audiences by raising the standards, they sunk to rock bottom.. both in terms of integrity as a publication and quality, because Terry's big talent is just immitating and watering down whatever someone has done before.. maybe he's more affordable, but then so are new and genuine talents..

F Terry Richardson and F this industry honestly...so many fashion magazines these days want to get on their high horses and play social justice advocate and preach to us but then turn around and have no problem employing a know sexual predator to shoot a teenager. It's ridiculous and I won't be buying Porter until it's clear they won't work with Terry again

Im really not that kind of pictures, it's not fashion, but she looks great nonetheless

This is one of her best covers. It's simple and candid but also beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->