Porter #20 Summer 2017 : Bella Hadid by Terry Richardson

I can only echo what everyone else has already clearly and effectively stated - which is that it's unacceptable that this magazine in particular is using Terry for their covershoot. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any criticism online aside from within this forum so I'm not sure whether or not Porter will get the memo.

With that being said, the cover itself is completely stunning in my eyes. Bella looks vulnerable and soft and serene. Many say she has only one expression - but there's something different here and it's incredibly beautiful. This feels like a perfect summer magazine cover.

I wish it had've been anyone other than Terry who shot it. Honestly, when I saw the pic on her Instagram, I immediately assumed it was Ryan McKinley - it absolutely shares his aesthetic.

^I left a couple of message on their Instagram account...

I can only echo what everyone else has already clearly and effectively stated - which is that it's unacceptable that this magazine in particular is using Terry for their covershoot. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any criticism online aside from within this forum so I'm not sure whether or not Porter will get the memo.

With that being said, the cover itself is completely stunning in my eyes. Bella looks vulnerable and soft and serene. Many say she has only one expression - but there's something different here and it's incredibly beautiful. This feels like a perfect summer magazine cover.

I wish it had've been anyone other than Terry who shot it. Honestly, when I saw the pic on her Instagram, I immediately assumed it was Ryan McKinley - it absolutely shares his aesthetic.

There are a handful of articles about how many magazine staffs (and designers as well) pay attention to their threads on TFS, because we are probably the only place they can read detailed responses/thoughts (including criticism) to their product. I think the Porter staff is probably aware of this thread (Hi guys! Stop using Terry Richardson!) I will also send them some messages through their site, Twitter, etc.

Sadly Terry's not the only one. There are many other even bigger named photographers who behave in a similar way and seem to get away with it...

I think she looks beautiful and sunkissed. A perfect summer cover! :wub:

It's really soft and pretty. It's a different side of Bella. She usually looks like a glamourous blow up doll so it's nice to see her look vulnerable and human.
I totally agree... I wasn't familiar with that kind of work from Terry.

Previews: Bella Hadid by Terry Richardson

bellaporter3.jpg

bellaporter.jpg

EveningStandard

I don't care that Terry's style has changed into something soft and pretty, or that he had children. Still can't believe Porter hired him.

This must be the final cover (or that the first one was their subscription cover:(

bella-hadid-porter-magazine-cover-zoom-4b8f3342-d8e1-4f18-8b61-ab0adc42a4ef.jpg

usmagazine

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: @ "The new face of feminism"

Shame on Porter. Love the truly beautiful cover image. BUT hate seeing Terry shoot another teen girl naked, Bella or otherwise. Poor foresight on Porter's part. Creepy.

:lol: @ "The new face of feminism"

Plastic surgery in 20-year-olds as shot by Terry Richardson. But in a natural setting, so that must make up for everything else. The backdrop is being made to compensate for every other part of the decision-making process that led to this cover story.

Review - 238 Pages.

BEING BELLA
Cover star: Bella Hadid
Photographer: Terry Richardson
Stylist: George Cortina
14 Photos

TO THE LIGHTHOUSE
Model: Molly Smith
Photographer: Tom Craig
Stylist: Cathy Kasterine
12 Photos

DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH

Actress: Elizabeth Debicki
Photographer: Bjorn Ioos
Stylist: Morgan Pilcher
9 Photos

IGNITE THE NIGHT
Model: Anne de Rijk
Photographer: Vincent can de Wijngaard
Stylist: Alex White
6 Photos

^Thank you so much for the review :heart:

I am excited to see Anna and also Tom Craig's ed, this oughta be good.

MORE 'cover story' previews starring Bella Hadid by Terry Richardson

[

Last edited by a moderator:
One more preview: Bella Hadid by Terry Richardson

936195_fr_xl.jpg

net-a-porter

To The Lighthouse

Photography: Tom Craig
Model: Molly Smith
Styling: Cathy Kasterine
Hair: Alan Pichon
Make-Up: Ninni Numela