Prada 2006 Skirt Event

guccigal07

Reaction score
I was just talking to my SA and she told me Prada is doing a skirt event.

Basically the concept is that Ms. Prada herself will pick out her fav skirts from the past 10 years...or the best skirts.

They will all be displayed at all the Prada stores. They aren't sure if it will just be LA/NYC or nationwide USA. They are working on it...and working on a little booklet featuring all the skirts.

They are also seeing if people can come in and SPECIAL ORDER whichever skirts they want!!!! They are checking before they do this.....to make sure they can get fabrics.

So how awesome would that be! Grab the lipstick print skirt, all the Venice Print SS04 stuff! Wonderful lets hope we can order!

I will keep you posted on what I find out but I would love that! They will for sure have some sort of display for us to see....but ordering would be fantastic!

I think it's s really interesting idea..i thought of the lip print skirt right away..that was a good one.

however..the venice print skirt kind of make one look like a fashion victim..thinking about them 3 years later..

wow, that sounds great. i can't afford any prada buys but for those who can this is a great opportunity!

hmm, didnt she present something like this in asia one or two years ago?
still sounds interesting, anything 'limited edition' is still exciting to me :heart:

thanks for bringing this in guccigal :flower:

Pastry said:
I think it's s really interesting idea..i thought of the lip print skirt right away..that was a good one.

however..the venice print skirt kind of make one look like a fashion victim..thinking about them 3 years later..

me too! If I don't win the one on ebay tonight...I will order it...although I bet its retail plus a mark up so I hope I get the ebay one

That's funny Patry, my mind right to the lipstick/lip prints too.....almost makes me wish I was a woman, I'd snap one up as soon as I could.

I would want for sure the red lips and make a lipstick print one. I am not sure what else.

Thanks for the info guccigal. Why can't they do this over here as well?! Boo.

I hope it isn't.

This sounds very interesting...When would this happen?

wow thanks for the info....my friend loves prada and shell be wanting to know this.
why can't they do this over in the UK as well!!!!

hey from what I know only USA....but you might want to call your Pradas near you! this is going to get started in the next few weeks.

This event is called “Waist Down—Skirts by Miuccia Prada,” which had successful debuts in Tokyo and Shanghai last year. The Soho show runs from 4/19 to 5/31.

Waist Down
No one does skirts like Miuccia Prada, a sweeping statement you'll walk away believing after seeing Waist Down, an exhibition of 100 of the designer's skirts since 1988. The installation, created by the Rem Koolhaas-led architectural think tank AMO, has already been shown to throngs in Tokyo and Shanghai, but will finally open to the New York public from April 19 - May 31, Prada Epicenter, 575 Broadway. The invitation-only launch party will be April 18, 6:30-9:00 pm.

From hintmag.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
modeket
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->