A pic from the exhibition

S:style.com

:heart:

Attachments

• Prada 'Waist Down' Exhibition_01.jpg
    Prada 'Waist Down' Exhibition_01.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 12
the soho store has a book for $120 that you can buy with pics, etc

a few pictures from the opening last night (hotbisexualmodel.blogspot.com)

Untitled.jpg

100_4236.jpg

100_4243.jpg

131150778_b7f2af0a70.jpg

131150780_c961709a3a.jpg

and an article from fwd:

The World According To Miuccia
A-listers galore—La Lohan, La Wintour, and more!—crowd the Soho Prada store…

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

(NEW YORK) Last night’s party at the Prada Soho store proved that no one can quite pack ‘em in like Miuccia can.

Despite a flurry of PETA protesters outside, over 1,500 of New York’s top fashion, media, and art movers and shakers gathered to celebrate the opening exhibition of “Waist Down: Skirts by Miuccia Prada,” and to toast the reopening of the 25,000-square foot flagship store following a debilitating fire in January. “I like that there was a fire,” said the petite designer, clad all in black. “It gave me a good excuse to have this party.” Enough said.

Holding court on the wooden steps on the massive wave stage, Miuccia enjoyed a birds-eye view of the sweeping scene. With a seemingly never-ending supply of buffet counters bearing shrimp cocktail, raw oysters, and enough alcohol to supply Manhattan until 2010 (including a delicious Ginger Cooler), André Balazs (with daughter Alessandra in tow), Amy Sacco, Amy Wesson, Grace Hightower, Iman, Richard Gere and Carey Lowell, Lindsay Lohan, Anna Wintour, Glenda Bailey, Damon Dash and Rachel Roy, Kelly Klein, Jeff Koons, Matthew Modine, and Jacquetta Wheeler all flocked downtown for a first look at the more than 100 different skirts from the last 17 years on display, and, as Dash put it so matter of factly, “to give Miuccia props.” Still, that didn’t stop the lifestyle mogul from unabashedly handing out his wife’s fall lookbook to guests.
At the stroke of 8:30pm, DJ Sasha Digweed took control of the party, dimming the lights to turn the house of luxury goods into a cavernous dance club that raged well into the midnight hours. “She sets the tone every season with her insight into the art world,” Robert Burke shouted over the pumping music. “It’s all so art driven.” Josh Lucas, for his part, was caught off guard by the scope of the event. “I came with my friends, who said that we were coming to a ‘boutique’ party,” the actor said with a laugh. “I didn’t know it was going to end up being an epic.”

For some, the festivities were close to home. Lohan, who wore a floral-print Prada dress, arrived late, posed for some photographs, and scurried back to the Mercer Hotel, conveniently located across the street. She was late for dinner. “I feel so bad,” she lamented as she quickly changed into a jumpsuit—Prada, natch—and hightailed it uptown to The Carlyle, where she joined Tom Ford, Cathy Horyn, Stephanie Seymour, Ingrid Sischy and Sandy Brant for a quiet dinner.

It was also a déjà vu moment for the young actress, who only two years ago attended the opening of Prada’s Beverly Hills Epicenter. “I was still dating Wilmer [Valderrama] then,” she recalled, never once lifting her eyes from her Blackberry.
JIM SHI

"i like that there was a fire" :blink:
that was such a pretentious comment, she should had bitten her tongue, much more since the statement made me think of insurances and profits hmmm :ninja:

running out of karma for you miss fashionologie :(

EVERYONE has been thinking of the insurance money...:lol:...
it's not like it's a big secret...

the joke is that theh store might finally start to pay for itself now that they will get some insurance money...:P...

business is business...
i think it's good to turn what could be a tragedy into a positive thing...
and i am also glad that they are finally using that space as it was intended...
because it is really a poorly designed space for retail-
it is intended as an event space...and this is the fist one they have finally done!...

will have to go by and check it out...
though i am guessing it is not that impressive...the party sounds like it was fun though...

:P

Last edited by a moderator:
:woot:love the image on post 28
does anyone know what collection the middle skirt is from?

all the other slideshows for the event so far have mainly celebrities:doh: or distant shots of the skirts ^^;

i'd like to visit the exhibition! they really are like paintings, some of the skirts...

gius said:
:woot:love the image on post 28
does anyone know what collection the middle skirt is from?

all the other slideshows for the event so far have mainly celebrities:doh: or distant shots of the skirts ^^;

i'd like to visit the exhibition! they really are like paintings, some of the skirts...

that is spring summer 04 the venice print skirt

guccigal07 said:
I have it and love it. I love seeing pieces of my collection in the book!

What is this exhibition's book called???
Maybe I can get/view it online... amazon.com... Ebay?:mellow:

so, are replicas of the skirts going to be for sale?

just found out the scoop. They are redoing a FEW pieces but are only ordering 3 of each...but they start out at 4k......so. yeah.

for example...awhile ago she did a mini skirt in white croc...you can get it for a deal of $9,000...retail a few years ago was like $7,000 or something like that.

So basically not since the preorders for the 3 were taken at the VIP party....

Well if anything, Canada will be the last considered for such an event... as always.

Probably another book fill with junk!! Like the 'Projects for Prada Part 1'

:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
modeket
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->